Force footer at bottom of a page

Guadala Harry

I'm using HTML tables to define the layout of a non framed aspx page.

How can I cause a page footer (html table, itself) to appear at the bottom
of the page when the page content would not be enough to expand to fill the
height of the page?

Thanks

Thomas Dodds

you could use a table to contain the whole page and make it a fixed height -
but I don't advise layouts with tables ... use CSS to place the footer at
the bottom

Guadala Harry

<<I don't advise layouts with tables>>

Why?

Thomas Dodds said:
you could use a table to contain the whole page and make it a fixed height -
but I don't advise layouts with tables ... use CSS to place the footer at
the bottom

Thomas Dodds

1) using tables produces a lot more effort (and frustration at times) in
laying out a page (however, a lot of WYSIWYG editors still use tables)
2) using CSS gives absolute control over placement of 'objects' on the page
3) using CSS you don't have to code the page as it would be rendered
(top-bottom), but can separate your code into functional 'areas' and can
quickly create re-useable pieces (a key to great coding)

all-in-all, it is 100% coder preference ... I don't like them, never have