    of the page when the page content would not be enough to expand to fill the
    height of the page?

    Thanks
    Guadala Harry, Sep 3, 2004

  2. Guadala Harry

    Thomas Dodds Guest

    you could use a table to contain the whole page and make it a fixed height -
    but I don't advise layouts with tables ... use CSS to place the footer at
    the bottom

    Thomas Dodds, Sep 3, 2004

  3. <<I don't advise layouts with tables>>

    Why?

    Guadala Harry, Sep 3, 2004
  4. Guadala Harry

    Thomas Dodds Guest

    1) using tables produces a lot more effort (and frustration at times) in
    laying out a page (however, a lot of WYSIWYG editors still use tables)
    2) using CSS gives absolute control over placement of 'objects' on the page
    3) using CSS you don't have to code the page as it would be rendered
    (top-bottom), but can separate your code into functional 'areas' and can
    quickly create re-useable pieces (a key to great coding)

    all-in-all, it is 100% coder preference ... I don't like them, never have

    Thomas Dodds, Sep 7, 2004