force installing older plugin

Vadim

I'd like to force installing an older plugin from java.sun.com or
keep a set of files on my own web site and force instaling from there.

My current code:
<OBJECT classid="clsid:8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93"
ID = "MyApplet"
WIDTH = 600 HEIGHT = 25
NAME = "MyApplet" ALIGN = top VSPACE = 0 HSPACE = 0
codebase="http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/1.3/jinstall-13-win32.cab#Version=1,3,0,0">

installs jre 1.3_13 and I'd like the version 1.3_04 be installed
ALWAYS.

Any ideas are appreciated

Andrew Thompson

I'd like to force installing an older plugin from java.sun.com or
keep a set of files on my own web site and force instaling from there.

My current code:
<OBJECT classid="clsid:8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93"

You are using what is known as 'dynamic versioning',
the OBJECT element is instructed to download any Java
equal to or greater than the one specified.

You need 'static versioning'
installs jre 1.3_13 and I'd like the version 1.3_04 be installed
ALWAYS.

Look at the HTMLConverter options carefully and see if
you can regenerate your HTML for static versioning.

Alternatively, you might be able to figure the right way
by looking at this..
<http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/plugin/developer_guide/using_tags.html#new_object_tag>
...and this..
<http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/deployment/autodl/autodl-files.html>