    client settings, only by html code ).

    Maybe by some specific <OBJECT> tag?

    , Apr 28, 2005

  2. Ross Bamford Guest

    Re: Force java applet to run on java microsoft virtual machineplugin and not Sun.

    On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 02:48 -0700, wrote:
    > If clients with Internet Explorer have both java virtual machine plugin
    > installed ( Microsoft and Sun ),
    > how is it possible to force an applet to run on java microsoft virtual
    > machine and not Sun one ( of course without manually changing any
    > client settings, only by html code ).
    >
    > Maybe by some specific <OBJECT> tag?

    Trying to exploit a Micro$oft 'feature' ? ;)

    --
    [Ross A. Bamford] [ross AT the.website.domain]
    Roscopeco Open Tech ++ Open Source + Java + Apache + CMF

    Ross Bamford, Apr 29, 2005

    Sadly, we inherited an old b2b complex applet that runs much more
    better and faster on MSJVM than Sun ( at the time was targeted to
    msjvm ).

    But nowadays we can usually find sun plugin and microsoft plugin both
    installed on the same client machine as handlers for java code in
    internet pages.

    I want to force the applet to run on MS JVM in this case and not on Sun
    one, of course without touching the client computer and using only html
    directives ...

    am I supposed to write some sort of <OBJECT> tag?

    thanks

    , Apr 29, 2005
  4. Mickey Segal Guest

    If the user's copy of Internet Explorer is set to the Microsoft JVM the
    answer is easy - just using the classes or a CAB file will result in the
    applet running with the MS JVM. If you wanted to force the Sun JVM you
    could do that with OBJECT tags, but I don't know if there is an equivalent
    way of forcing the MS JVM.

    Lots of applets run much better on the MS JVM. For a Java 1 applet, Sun is
    still nowhere near the speed of GUI display reached by Microsoft in 1998.

    Mickey Segal, Apr 29, 2005
  5. Tim Tyler Guest

    wrote or quoted:

    > Sadly, we inherited an old b2b complex applet that runs much more
    > better and faster on MSJVM than Sun ( at the time was targeted to
    > msjvm ).
    >
    > But nowadays we can usually find sun plugin and microsoft plugin both
    > installed on the same client machine as handlers for java code in
    > internet pages.
    >
    > I want to force the applet to run on MS JVM in this case and not on Sun
    > one, of course without touching the client computer and using only html
    > directives ...
    >
    > am I supposed to write some sort of <OBJECT> tag?

    I don't think so.

    Is there any good reason to think that what you are asking is possible?
    --

    Tim Tyler, May 9, 2005