Force Print of background colors

ms.kimy

Hello,

I've read through many threads talking about forcing background colors
to print. Most were rather old posts. So, wondered if anyone knew a
way to do this?

I document I rec-created as a webpage. The headings have a background
color of gray. This is an extranet for a company. They don't want to
change their printer settings to allow background colors to print. But,
when they are viewing this document, they want the background colors to
print without having to change their printer settings themselves.

Is there a way I can change this for them in code?

Thank you,
Kimberly

Steve Pugh

I've read through many threads talking about forcing background colors
to print. Most were rather old posts. So, wondered if anyone knew a
way to do this?

As you've read the previous discussions (and some are from only a few
weeks ago) then you know that the answer is no, and you probably know
why that answer is unlikely to change.
I document I rec-created as a webpage. The headings have a background
color of gray. This is an extranet for a company. They don't want to
change their printer settings to allow background colors to print. But,
when they are viewing this document, they want the background colors to
print without having to change their printer settings themselves.

Is there a way I can change this for them in code?

No. Make the headings foreground images or accept that the users'
default printer settings will over ride anything you suggest in
HTML/CSS.

Steve