Force to login page first

Grey

I have many aspx files in an web application. Is it possible to enforce the application to divert to login page first even though the user type the URL directly in the IE??

Million Thanks.

Ted Burhan

Grey,

Absolutely. If you look up <authentication> element in the documentation you'll find that its pretty easy to set that up.

I have many aspx files in an web application. Is it possible to enforce the application to divert to login page first even though the user type the URL directly in the IE??

Million Thanks.

Darren Clark

yes there is

check out forms authentication.
I have many aspx files in an web application. Is it possible to enforce the application to divert to login page first even though the user type the URL directly in the IE??

Million Thanks.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Use Forms Authentication. It's sufficient for basic needs and can usually be extended for more advanced needs.
Here's more info:
http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/121901-1.2.shtml

I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP
http://Steve.Orr.net

I have many aspx files in an web application. Is it possible to enforce the application to divert to login page first even though the user type the URL directly in the IE??

Million Thanks.

DalePres

In your login page, set a session variable. If the user opens a different page first, and the session variable doesn't exist, refer them to the login page and then let the login page run the user through the authentication mechanism.

Dale