Forcing browsers not to use their cache for images

Ivan Marsh

So you are saying that there is essentially no programmatic way of
forcing browsers to reload an image from its URL rather than taking the
image from its cache ?

Sure there is (though I don't know if it will apply to this situation).
Stick a random number in the URL.

images/myimage.jpg?1234

and

images/myimage.jpg?2345

Will be treated as two different images.

Dr J R Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message <[email protected]>, Mon, 28
Jan 2008 01:07:43 said:
Dr said:
[...] Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn [...] posted:

What a hypocrite you are.

I am obliged to you for that further proof of your insanity.

You have said in the referred posting that "You should not use any other
address that might belong to anyone else, currently or in the future; that
is wildly inconsiderate, and contrary to the policy of the better ISPs."
Now, it is entirely possible that someone else has the same idea than
Mr. Diener and uses that currently non-existing mailbox in the future.

I wrote, but you did not read, "that might belong to anyone else,
currently or in the future;". That, for those with adequate reading
skills, covers the point.
And that aside, the fact remains that others get spammed because Mr. Diener
uses an address header that, when used for e-mails by spammers, produces
bounces, which are received by the people the spammer has selected as source
for the From header of his spam e-mails.

You cannot know that his proper prefix is "Mr"; do not presume.

And I was advising on what should be used, not commenting on what he was
using. Try not to post while you have lost your temper or before you
have understood what you intend to reply to.

By the way, a part of my advice - a part with which you no doubt agree -
is actually unachievable. One can, and should, use only E-mail
addresses that one currently has permission to use; but it is not
practical to ensure that the addresses that one uses will never in
future belong to anyone else (one can and should try to make it
improbable).

Since you do give advice here, whether or not it is actually well-judged
or valid, you must presumably believe that advice, implicit or explicit.
given here should be heeded. It must be quite clear to you by now that,
while your technical knowledge is wide though not necessarily
judiciously given, you are in fact an arrogant, offensive, and
obnoxious. That amounts to advice, implicit and/or explicit, which you
should heed.