Forcing .NET to render the '/aspnet_client/system_web/1_0_3705_0/WebUIValidation.js' on the web page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Art Thomas, Jul 25, 2003.

  1. Art Thomas

    Art Thomas Guest

    We are using our own custom JavaScript validation as well as .Net
    validation. However, when we include our custom validation on a page,
    ..NET does not render/write the
    '/aspnet_client/system_web/1_0_3705_0/WebUIValidation.js' path on the
    page. If we do not include our own custom JavaScript validation, .NET
    DOES render/write the
    '/aspnet_client/system_web/1_0_3705_0/WebUIValidation.js' path on the
    page.

    I would like to make sure the path gets rendered automatically. Can I
    force this to happen? I do not want to hardcode the path on the page.
    I would also settle for setting it dynamically. However, I have been
    unsuccessful reading the path from the machine.config file and rendering
    the path
    <webControls clientScriptsLocation="/aspnet_client/{0}/{1}/"/>

    Any thoughts.

    Art Thomas, Jul 25, 2003

  2. When/How are you rendering your own validation to the page?

    bill

    William F. Robertson, Jr., Jul 25, 2003

  3. Art Thomas

    Art Thomas Guest

    For our custom validation we are including the custom javascript in the
    header tag of ASP.NET pages. However, I want to clarify what I mean
    when I say rendering. I consider the dynamic creation and inclusion of
    the '/aspnet_client/system_web/1_0_3705_0/WebUIValidation.js' path on
    the page rendering. We DO NOT do this. I was relying on .NET to handle
    this.
    For our validation, the javascript code is on the page. Some of our
    fields incorporate the required field validation included as part of
    .NET. This is the code that is looking for the path to the use
    "WebUIValidation.js" page but the path was never rendered to the page.

    Art Thomas, Jul 25, 2003
  4. Art Thomas

    Art Thomas Guest

    When using a ASP.NET CustomValidator, which runs client-side javascript,
    and using other ASP.NET validators (i.e. RequiredField, Compare, etc.)
    the <script language="javascript"
    src="http://servername/aspnet_client/system_web/1_0_3705_0/WebUIValidati
    on.js"></script> tag needed for the other .NET validators to work is not
    rendered. On other pages without the ASP.NET CustomValidator that tag
    is rendered. This is the only difference we can find between pages that
    function properly and the ones that don't. I interpret what you meant
    by BaseValidator as an ASP.NET validator that comes with the IDE. It
    seems there should be a simple way to trigger the rendering of this tag
    on a page with a CustomValidator considering it is rendered
    automatically on other pages.

    Art Thomas, Jul 26, 2003