forcing parent window to reload

Sonnich

Hi all!

Probably simple - once one knows.

I have a window, which open using

<input type="button" class="box" name="main" value=" Add... "
onClick=window.open('add.asp')>

The window has some funtionality, then I have this, which still needs
to force a reload of the parent window.
Any ideas anyone?

<!-- *********** part which will close the window ************* -->
<input type="button" class="box" name="main" value="Close window"
onClick="window.close();">

BR
Sonnich

Sonnich

Sonnich said:
Hi all!

Probably simple - once one knows.

I have a window, which open using

<input type="button" class="box" name="main" value=" Add... "
onClick=window.open('add.asp')>

The window has some funtionality, then I have this, which still needs
to force a reload of the parent window.
Any ideas anyone?

<!-- *********** part which will close the window ************* -->
<input type="button" class="box" name="main" value="Close window"
onClick="window.close();">

I found this:
if (window.opener && !window.opener.closed)
window.opener.history.go(0);

This works, but the following does not - any idea why?

window.opener.reload();
window.opener.refresh();

BR
Sonnich

Sonnich

I found this:
if (window.opener && !window.opener.closed)
window.opener.history.go(0);

This works, but the following does not - any idea why?

window.opener.reload();
window.opener.refresh();

..... and :) I found that it works in one case, but another windows
days, that for freshing it needs to repost something... it is not
always there, but some times... anyone know why?

It does not happen when I change some checkboxes when working, but as
far as I get it at random...

BR
Sonnich