Forcing PostBack programmitically

Guest

Hi,
I'm doing an online examination page. After the alloted time of the exam the page should be posted back. I've used System.Timers namespace for timekeeping. Please help me post back the form in 'Elapsed event' of the timer object.I m using a combi. of ASP.net with VB.net

Guest

hi,
you're going to have to use the the setTimeout function in javascript :

window.setTimeout(expression/function, milliseconds);

Since anything that you have done with system.timers only runs on the server, all of the posting time tracking needs to be done on the client side.

www.devguru.com has a good javascript reference for setTimeout .

when the timer expires just call __DoPostback and the page should be posted back.

- joe

Guest

Well thanx for the elagant answer, it works when I provide a static time period in the setTimeOut function. But now consider this I have different test with different exam duration in the database. Supposing that I retrieve the test-type and its time duration and attach it to the query string of the questionpaper.aspx url. Now how should I retrieve it on client side with javascript. I've tried it in the following manner but it does not seem to work.