    --
    Best regards,

    Andrew P. Revinsky

    Andrew_Revinsky, Jul 9, 2004

  2. Andrew_Revinsky

    Raterus Guest

    There is no way to remove the browser credentials other than actually closing the browser.

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...c35185%2463788990%24a401280a%40phx.gbl&rnum=2

    Raterus, Jul 13, 2004

  3. Thanks, Raterus,

    so, there is not such solution? Closing a browser means you don't see a web resource, meaning you have to open the browser still. Catch 22. :)

    I know, that for some web resources on our intranet, when a virtual directory (which is mapped to a physical location) is missing mapping credentials, the users receive a standard authentication prompt.

    May this behavior be emulated - this is the question?

    --
    Best regards,

    Andrew P. Revinsky

    Andrew_Revinsky, Jul 14, 2004
  4. Andrew_Revinsky

    Ian Ringrose Guest

    I have done this,

    See "Mixing Forms and Windows Security in ASP." in MSDN for the hint on how
    to do this. You make use of Forms Authentication within you application, but
    automatically log on the user with NTLM authentication when they first hit
    the site.

    Your logout button takes them to the Forms Authentication logon page.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/mixedsecurity.asp

    Ian Ringrose
    Ringi at bigfoot dot com

    "Andrew_Revinsky" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > Thanks, Raterus,
    >
    > so, there is not such solution? Closing a browser means you don't see a

    web resource, meaning you have to open the browser still. Catch 22. :)

    > I know, that for some web resources on our intranet, when a virtual

    directory (which is mapped to a physical location) is missing mapping
    credentials, the users receive a standard authentication prompt.

    > May this behavior be emulated - this is the question?
    >
    > --
    > Best regards,
    >
    > Andrew P. Revinsky
    >

    > "Raterus" wrote:
    >
    > > There is no way to remove the browser credentials other than actually

    closing the browser.

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...c35185%2463788990%24a401280a%40phx.gbl&rnum=2

    > > "Andrew_Revinsky" <> wrote in

    message news:...