Forcing Text File to Open Within Frameset

Bongolation

I've looked in the FAQ and didn't see anything on this.

There must be a simple solution to this VERY common problem:

A site featuring many text articles and archives has a frameset of two frames, call them the header frame and the viewer frame.

When the complete page is viewed, there is the header with its information about the site and the viewer, which appears with a table of contents, which has links to the text articles, which open within this viewer frame when clicked.

OK, so far, so good.

The problem arises when distributing a URL to one of the text articles on the site. The article page just appears in a browser window all by itself. No framesets, no nothin' else.

How can I make the various text article pages invoke the site's frameset and appear in the viewer frame?

I've found a script to make sure that a _frame_ page always invokes the whole frameset, but not one for making a separate page on a site invoke a whole frameset and appear in a specific frame.

If I have not made myself clear on what I'm trying to do, let me know and I'll try to explain it differently.

Many thanks for any help! I am not a javascript programmer, just some guy with a problem. Reply here or to my e-mail address, below.

Thank you for ignoring spam, off-topic and troll Usenet postings!
E-mail: bongo<AT>e-mail.ru - Change the <AT> to @ symbol to reply.
See COMPLETE headers for more info. Headers are good - view them.

Bongolation

[This time with LINEFEEDS. The new server is stripping them
out...sorry!]: