Forcing web page to load in a frame.

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Harshal, Jun 21, 2005.

  1. Harshal

    Harshal Guest

    Hello,
    I have a html page with 3 frames. If i specify the source for any
    of frames as http://www.gmail.com or http://www.hotmail.com, all frames
    go away and the site utilizes the full window. I want these sites to
    open in the frames only. Other sites like http://www.google.com opens
    in the specified frame (displaying other frames unaffected).
    Here is a sample html page.

    <frameset rows="200,*,200" border="1">

    <frame name="toolbar" scrolling="no" noresize
    src="http://www.yahoo.com" frameborder="1">

    <frame name="content" scrolling="yes" noresize
    src="http://www.gmail.com" frameborder="1">

    <frame name="banner" scrolling="no" noresize
    src="http://www.google.com" frameborder="1">

    </frameset>

    On above page, yahoo and google opens up perfectly, but for
    gmail, it throws a 'Permission Denied' javascript error.
    I think its the behaviour imposed by the site and can not be controlled
    by us. Any suggestions.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Harshal, Jun 21, 2005

  2. Harshal wrote:
    > I have a html page with 3 frames. If i specify the source for any
    > of frames as http://www.gmail.com or http://www.hotmail.com, all frames
    > go away and the site utilizes the full window.

    Yes. They have a frame breaking script.

    gmail uses
    if (top.location != self.location) {
    top.location = self.location.href;