    Thx in advance
    Regards,

    Norton

    Norton, Jun 8, 2004

  2. "Norton" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I would like to know if there is any method in asp or asp.net to direct

    the
    > browser to download a file into the Temporary Internet Files directory so
    > that i can make use of vb script to do the further process
    >
    > ie. tells IE to download my desired Word File into the Temporary Internet
    > Files and call an office com object to open it

    Why would it have to be in Temporary Internet Files in order for vbscript to
    operate on it?
    --
    John Saunders
    johnwsaundersiii at hotmail

    John Saunders, Jun 8, 2004

  3. Norton

    Norton Guest

    i don't want the browser to open the doc file n the server directly lee

    Norton, Jun 8, 2004
  4. "Norton" <> wrote in message
    > i don't want the browser to open the doc file n the server directly lee

    Ok, but why would it have to be in Temporary Internet Files in order to
    prevent the browser from opening it directly?

    John Saunders, Jun 8, 2004
  5. Norton

    Norton Guest

    because the target file is a doc file .
    which i think it is not expected to directly open from web browser, when one
    user has opened the file, the other user can get an unexpected result if he
    attempts to open that file..

    I have fixed the problem by adding a "?DummyData" code after the link of
    that doc, which will download the doc to temp folder...

    but seems funny :p

    Norton, Jun 9, 2004
  6. "Norton" <> wrote in message
    > because the target file is a doc file .
    > which i think it is not expected to directly open from web browser, when

    one
    > user has opened the file, the other user can get an unexpected result if

    he
    > attempts to open that file..
    >
    > I have fixed the problem by adding a "?DummyData" code after the link of
    > that doc, which will download the doc to temp folder...

    I have never had any problem with a browser opening a .doc file. I have
    never heard of any reason to put .doc files or anything else into "Temporary
    Internet Files", which isn't even a real directory.

    I think you should try putting the .doc files somewhere else and then see
    what happens.

    John Saunders, Jun 9, 2004
  7. Norton

    Norton Guest