    What's the easiest way to do this? Have lookups for each text string on the
    site or is there a better way?

    TIA - Jeff.
    UJ, Jun 16, 2006

  2. UJ

    Mark Rae Guest

    "UJ" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > How do folks handle foreign languages? For instance - we would like to be
    > able to have a screen at the front of our app that will allow somebody to
    > choose French and then the entire site is in French.
    >
    > What's the easiest way to do this? Have lookups for each text string on
    > the site or is there a better way?

    This is known as localisation, and the best way to do it is to use resource
    files:
    Mark Rae, Jun 16, 2006

  3. this will depend on the type of site. some common appraoches

    1) string lookup, usually a resource in asp.net
    2) xlst transation
    3) parallel sites. this is pretty common, as the layout oftens needs to be
    very different for each language, especially if the site is content heavy.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\), Jun 16, 2006
  4. I'd advise you to post your Localization questions
    in the Localization forum of the ASP.NET Forums.

    There's many people discussing that particular issue there :

    http://forums.asp.net/151/ShowForum.aspx

    Even if you only *read* through the already-posted messages,
    you'll get quite a few tips to implement what you have in mind.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

    Juan T. Llibre, Jun 16, 2006