Fork() and exec() dont work

blah

i m using Windows XP, and by tomorrow i will have have fedora core
installed too. the problem is, when i use these "fork() and exec()" my
windows doesnt do anything, python gives an error about the module,
the kind of error when u know u r wrong.

is it because these commands work on linux?

if so, is it better for me to stick with fedora for my python programs
or use windows?

dberlin

"""
fork( )

Fork a child process. Return 0 in the child, the child's process id in
the parent. Availability: (!!!) Unix (!!!).
"""

Maciej Dziardziel

blahman said:
i m using Windows XP, and by tomorrow i will have have fedora core
installed too. the problem is, when i use these "fork() and exec()" my
windows doesnt do anything, python gives an error about the module,
the kind of error when u know u r wrong.

is it because these commands work on linux?

as documentation says:

fork( )
Fork a child process. Return 0 in the child, the child's process id in the
parent. Availability: Macintosh, Unix.

if so, is it better for me to stick with fedora for my python programs
or use windows?

You can achive the same thing in windows by taking different approach,
but i would say that Linux is way more programmer-friendly (especially
Debian ;-)

--
Maciej "Fiedzia" Dziardziel (fiedzia (at) fiedzia (dot) prv (dot) pl)
www.fiedzia.prv.pl

When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department
usually uses water.