form action

Matt Summers

Hi,

I have a problem which someone may be able to help me with. I have a html
page which has a form for users to submit information to a php email script
and now I want to add a login form. How can this be done? Since having <form
action="login.php" method="post" target="_top"> and <form action="email.php"
method="post" target="_top"> confuses the form.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Oli Filth

Matt said:
Hi,

I have a problem which someone may be able to help me with. I have a html
page which has a form for users to submit information to a php email script
and now I want to add a login form. How can this be done? Since having <form
action="login.php" method="post" target="_top"> and <form action="email.php"
method="post" target="_top"> confuses the form.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

There shouldn't be a problem with having multiple forms on the same page.

Oli

Hywel Jenkins

Hi,

I have a problem which someone may be able to help me with. I have a html
page which has a form for users to submit information to a php email script
and now I want to add a login form. How can this be done? Since having <form
action="login.php" method="post" target="_top"> and <form action="email.php"
method="post" target="_top"> confuses the form.

Have you got two entirely separate forms? Post a URL to your code.

Oli Filth

Matt said:
www.dorianyates.net/appearances2.html

html

script

<form

action="email.php"

Have you got two entirely separate forms? Post a URL to your code.

The two forms must be separate; the way you have it, one form is
contained within the other, which doesn't make sense in HTML.

You need something like:

<FORM action="login.php" method="POST">
.... blah blah blah (controls for login form) ...
</FORM>

.... other stuff ...

<FORM action="email.php" method="POST">
.... blah blah blah (controls for email form) ...
</FORM>

Oli

Hywel Jenkins

Your code is screwed. You cannot do this anywhere in a document, let
alone in the <head>.

<form action="/dyforum/login.php" method="post" target="_top">
<form method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data"
action="/mailform5.php">

You need to modify either of those scripts so that they either do both
tasks, or modify login.php so that it POSTs data to mailform5.php if
log-in is successful.

http://tinyurl.com/59k6p is your friend.