    onclick="window.location.href='http://www.google.com/search?q=' +
    newLocation.value">
    </form>

    Wings, Sep 15, 2005

  2. Wings wrote:
    > Someone here - sorry, I forgot who - posted this neat little Google Search
    > form which I use in a couple of places at my site. I've only modified it
    > slightly from the original, but this and the original does something on a
    > page which I don't understand. The window and button always skip a line from
    > the material above it and add another blank line between it and the material
    > that follows. Why is that? I'd like to have the window and button on the
    > same line with some other text, but that doesn't appear like it's going to
    > happen.

    <snip code>

    Form is displaying as block element by default. If you do not like this
    then change style:

    FORM { display: inline; }

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Sep 15, 2005

  3. Wings

    Wings Guest

    That is really cool. Many thanks.

    Wings, Sep 15, 2005
  4. Wings wrote:
    > That is really cool. Many thanks.

    Great, but don't *top post*, i.e., writing above the text that you are
    reply to like you did above...

    > "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Wings wrote:
    >>
    >>>Someone here - sorry, I forgot who - posted this neat little Google
    >>>Search form which I use in a couple of places at my site. I've only
    >>>modified it slightly from the original, but this and the original does
    >>>something on a page which I don't understand. The window and button
    >>>always skip a line from the material above it and add another blank line
    >>>between it and the material that follows. Why is that? I'd like to have
    >>>the window and button on the same line with some other text, but that
    >>>doesn't appear like it's going to happen.

    >><snip code>
    >>
    >>Form is displaying as block element by default. If you do not like this
    >>then change style:
    >>
    >>FORM { display: inline; }

    And whatever your using as a newsreader doesn't snip signatures, then do
    it manually!

    <remove>
    >>--
    >>Take care,