Form authentication in a virtual directory

John Boghossian

Is it possible to get forms authentication to work for a virtual directory
in a site?
I have been trying with the simplest MSDN sample but it doesn't seem to
work. I have tried in a virtual directory on my dev box and on a virtual
directory on a production server, but I never get authenticated, the login
page is the ony thing shown. If I on the other hand put it in the root of a
site it works.

Regards
John Boghossian

Craig Deelsnyder

Is it possible to get forms authentication to work for a virtual directory
in a site?
I have been trying with the simplest MSDN sample but it doesn't seem to
work. I have tried in a virtual directory on my dev box and on a virtual
directory on a production server, but I never get authenticated, the login
page is the ony thing shown. If I on the other hand put it in the root of a
site it works.

Regards
John Boghossian
Sure have, most of my development is that way of course (don't setup
multiple sites, use virt directories). Are you sure that ASP.NET is
installed correctly (re-run aspnet_regiis -i)...also, are you positive
that you are authenticating the correct info; I mean, how are you
authenticating? Web.config entries, custom roles, etc. Have you
debugged it (if possible) and made sure it's not invalid credentials
compared to what the server wants?

John Boghossian

Hello Craig,

thanks for your input.

I actually got it to work yesterday after rebooting the machine. Strange
huh...

Regards
John