    site it works.

    Regards
    John Boghossian

    John Boghossian, Aug 20, 2004

  2. On 8/20/2004 1:28 AM, John Boghossian wrote:
    > Is it possible to get forms authentication to work for a virtual directory
    > in a site?
    > I have been trying with the simplest MSDN sample but it doesn't seem to
    > work. I have tried in a virtual directory on my dev box and on a virtual
    > directory on a production server, but I never get authenticated, the login
    > page is the ony thing shown. If I on the other hand put it in the root of a
    > site it works.
    >
    > Regards
    > John Boghossian

    Sure have, most of my development is that way of course (don't setup
    multiple sites, use virt directories). Are you sure that ASP.NET is
    installed correctly (re-run aspnet_regiis -i)...also, are you positive
    that you are authenticating the correct info; I mean, how are you
    authenticating? Web.config entries, custom roles, etc. Have you
    debugged it (if possible) and made sure it's not invalid credentials
    compared to what the server wants?

    --
    Craig Deelsnyder
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

    Craig Deelsnyder, Aug 20, 2004

  3. Hello Craig,

    thanks for your input.

    I actually got it to work yesterday after rebooting the machine. Strange
    huh...

    Regards
    John

    John Boghossian, Aug 23, 2004