    different users(Number of different users is not fixed).

    Regards
    Vinayak

    Vinayak, Sep 29, 2003

  2. Vinayak

    Me2 Guest

    Vinayak,

    Start here:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...-us/vsent7/html/vxconaspnetauthentication.asp

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...us/cpguide/html/cpconaspnetauthentication.asp

    These two articles are the best for getting up to speed.
    --
    Ralph Page MBA, CMBA, MCDBA, MCSE, CCNA
    "However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the

    Me2, Sep 29, 2003

  3. Yes.

    You can either put the users in the WEBCONFIG file, or validate them by
    putting Accounts/Passwords in a back-end database. If you do so, it is, of
    course, best practice to encryp the passwords before you store them and
    before you query using them.

    Record not found --> don't set authentication context.

    Below is a nice write-up.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/SecNetHT03.asp

    tc

    Toby Considine, Oct 16, 2003