Form Authentication

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by slawek xxxxx, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. slawek xxxxx

    slawek xxxxx Guest

    Hello everyone,

    I have found a problem with form authentication method that I can't
    solve. The problem is:

    I want to use a form authentication in my application, so i set :
    <authentication mode="Forms">
    ,and
    <forms name="LoginForm" loginUrl="SM_LoginPage.aspx" protection="All">

    but the structure of my application folders is following:

    root

    +CommonPages
    | + loginPage.aspx

    +SysPages
    | + Sys1Pages
    | | +Page1.aspx
    | + Sys2Pages
    | +Page2.aspx
    + OtherPages
    + Page3.asp

    Because of this structure the relative path of LoginPage.aspx is
    diffrent for Page1.aspx(../../CommonPages/loginPage.aspx) and Page for
    page3.aspx(../CommonPages/loginPage.aspx). I have to set this path in
    web.config and I want to use relative path (not http://.....). Is there
    any way to do this?? (sth like {root}//CommonPages/loginPage.aspx)??
    Thanks for any help

    Best Regards
    Slawek

    slawek xxxxx, Feb 16, 2004

  2. slawek,

    Try putting loginUrl="/CommonPages/loginPage.aspx".

    Hope that helps,
    David Banister

    David Banister, Feb 18, 2004