Form based security using frames

dudu

I have this little problem

My web application uses frames with a header frame, a bottom
frame and a main frame. I have set up my web.config file
to the following

<authentication mode="Forms">

<forms name=".ASPXAUTH" loginUrl="login.aspx" timeout="120"/>

</authentication>

<authorization>

<deny users="?"/>

</authorization>

When the authentication expire my login page in loaded in main frame but I
don't want this. I just want to be redirected to it, not to be loaded in the
frame. How can I do this?

Guest

You have a couple of options. I am sure the first will work, but not as much
on the second, due to MS' system.

1. Create the logon page as an entire Frameset with the actual logon in one
of the frames.

2. have JavaScript redirect logon to a Framesetted (yeah, not a word)
version. This is the one that might fight you due to the ASP.NET model.

In either case, you have to make it so the frameset and frames are outside
of the logon mechanism (exceptions to your settings).

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!