Form based security using frames

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by dudu, Jun 7, 2005.

  1. dudu

    dudu Guest

    I have this little problem

    My web application uses frames with a header frame, a bottom
    frame and a main frame. I have set up my web.config file
    to the following

    <authentication mode="Forms">

    <forms name=".ASPXAUTH" loginUrl="login.aspx" timeout="120"/>

    </authentication>

    <authorization>

    <deny users="?"/>

    </authorization>

    When the authentication expire my login page in loaded in main frame but I
    don't want this. I just want to be redirected to it, not to be loaded in the
    frame. How can I do this?

    dudu, Jun 7, 2005

  2. You have a couple of options. I am sure the first will work, but not as much
    on the second, due to MS' system.

    1. Create the logon page as an entire Frameset with the actual logon in one
    of the frames.

    2. have JavaScript redirect logon to a Framesetted (yeah, not a word)
    version. This is the one that might fight you due to the ASP.NET model.

    In either case, you have to make it so the frameset and frames are outside
    of the logon mechanism (exceptions to your settings).

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    =?Utf-8?B?Q293Ym95IChHcmVnb3J5IEEuIEJlYW1lcikgLSBN, Jun 7, 2005