Form data not passed to action page

Rod Haggard

Hopefully this is the correct group to ask this question. I have a 1 field
form:

<form name="findCOEO" id="findCOEO" method="post"
action="ep_edit_coeo.asp?timesin=1">
<th colspan=2>
Edit/View COEO Data
</th>
<b>Enter COEO #</b>
<input type=text name=coeo id=coeo size=12 maxlength=12>
<input type=submit name=getcoeo id=getcoeo value="Get
Data">&nbsp;&nbsp;<input type=reset name=reset1 id=reset1 value="Reset">
</form>

I read the form data in the action page as request.form("coeo"). On my
browser, IE6 this works exactly as planned. My coworker using the same
browser gets nothing returned from the field. Is there a configuration
setting that controls this? I have been doing this for many years and have
never had this issue before. Thanks for any help or direction you can give
me.

Evertjan.

Rod Haggard wrote on 23 okt 2009 in
Hopefully this is the correct group to ask this question. I have a 1
field form:

Wrong NG.
This NG is about Cassic ASP serverside programming.

Forms are clientside.

Neil Gould

Rod said:
Hopefully this is the correct group to ask this question. I have a 1
field form:

<form name="findCOEO" id="findCOEO" method="post"
action="ep_edit_coeo.asp?timesin=1">
<th colspan=2>
Edit/View COEO Data
</th>
<b>Enter COEO #</b>
<input type=text name=coeo id=coeo size=12 maxlength=12>
<input type=submit name=getcoeo id=getcoeo value="Get
Data">&nbsp;&nbsp;<input type=reset name=reset1 id=reset1
value="Reset"> </td>
</form>

I read the form data in the action page as request.form("coeo"). On
my browser, IE6 this works exactly as planned. My coworker using the
same browser gets nothing returned from the field. Is there a
configuration setting that controls this? I have been doing this for
many years and have never had this issue before. Thanks for any help
or direction you can give me.
It may help to focus on your action page code, since that is what the
browsers are using when displaying the different results that you're seeing.

Best,

Neil

Dooza

Rod said:
[...]

I might be wrong, but this:

<input type=text name=coeo id=coeo size=12 maxlength=12>

should be

<input type="text" name="coeo" id="coeo" size="12" maxlength="12">

Dooza

Tim Slattery

Dooza said:
I might be wrong, but this:
<input type=text name=coeo id=coeo size=12 maxlength=12>
should be
<input type="text" name="coeo" id="coeo" size="12" maxlength="12">

Strictly speaking, yes you should use quotation marks for all the
attribute values. If you ran the page through the W3C validator, it
would pretty surely fail without them (depending on your DOCTYPE, if
you had one, I think).

But browsers are built to be *very* tolerant of HTML coding miscues,
and no browser should have trouble figuring this out.

Dooza

Tim said:
Strictly speaking, yes you should use quotation marks for all the
attribute values. If you ran the page through the W3C validator, it
would pretty surely fail without them (depending on your DOCTYPE, if
you had one, I think).

But browsers are built to be *very* tolerant of HTML coding miscues,
and no browser should have trouble figuring this out.

Maybe if the DOCTYPE is set to strict this might be an issue? Might be
worth trying out? Just in case? If it doesn't, at least the code has
been cleaned up a bit.

Dooza