Form data to email

Seen

I'm trying to put together a membership form for a small Nonprofit
that had a "basic" web account. I want to set up a form and have the
inputs sent to the secretary via an email when the submit input is
clicked.
I think I heard of a way some time back but can't find it.

1. Can this be done successfully?
2. If so, how??

TIA
SER

David Dorward

Seen said:
I'm trying to put together a membership form for a small Nonprofit
that had a "basic" web account. I want to set up a form and have the
inputs sent to the secretary via an email when the submit input is
clicked.

You need some server side process running on your server (and pointed at by
the action attribute of the form). The specifics depend rather on the
capabilities of your server, discuss the matter with your service provider.

Don't let them tell you to use mailto:, it doesn't work:
http://www.isolani.co.uk/articles/mailto.html

nemo

You need some server side process running on your server (and pointed at by
the action attribute of the form). The specifics depend rather on the
capabilities of your server, discuss the matter with your service provider.

Don't let them tell you to use mailto:, it doesn't work:
http://www.isolani.co.uk/articles/mailto.html

With a server-side operation (and a date field in the table (pretty
necessary for most Guest Books / feedback material, really), I do this -

$date=date("Y-m-d");
mail("(e-mail address removed)", "New feedback in domain.com", "New feedback in
domain.com - $date.");

Your choice of subject line lets your desktop machine filter appropriately.

I've often swithered about including in the post the info the visitor has
keyed-in, but just never bothered doing it.

HTH.