    2. If so, how??

    TIA
    SER

    Seen, Jun 17, 2005

  2. Seen wrote:

    > I'm trying to put together a membership form for a small Nonprofit
    > that had a "basic" web account. I want to set up a form and have the
    > inputs sent to the secretary via an email when the submit input is
    > clicked.

    You need some server side process running on your server (and pointed at by
    the action attribute of the form). The specifics depend rather on the
    capabilities of your server, discuss the matter with your service provider.

    Don't let them tell you to use mailto:, it doesn't work:
    http://www.isolani.co.uk/articles/mailto.html

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Jun 17, 2005

  3. Seen

    nemo Guest

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 22:16:34 +0100, David Dorward <> wrote:

    >Seen wrote:
    >
    >> I'm trying to put together a membership form for a small Nonprofit
    >> that had a "basic" web account. I want to set up a form and have the
    >> inputs sent to the secretary via an email when the submit input is
    >> clicked.

    >You need some server side process running on your server (and pointed at by
    >the action attribute of the form). The specifics depend rather on the
    >capabilities of your server, discuss the matter with your service provider.
    >
    >Don't let them tell you to use mailto:, it doesn't work:
    >http://www.isolani.co.uk/articles/mailto.html

    With a server-side operation (and a date field in the table (pretty
    necessary for most Guest Books / feedback material, really), I do this -

    $date=date("Y-m-d");
    mail("", "New feedback in domain.com", "New feedback in
    domain.com - $date.");

    Your choice of subject line lets your desktop machine filter appropriately.

    I've often swithered about including in the post the info the visitor has
    keyed-in, but just never bothered doing it.

    HTH.

    nemo, Jun 18, 2005