    Hoping that someone can clear this up for me.
    TIA
    Brian Tozer

    KiwiBrian, Jun 20, 2005

  2. KiwiBrian

    Wÿrm Guest

    "KiwiBrian" <> wrote in message
    news:d95qmm$cdk$...
    > Could anyone please look at the following page and tell me why most of my
    > form entry fields have a yellow background?
    >
    > http://www.realbusinesssolutions.co.nz/contact.html

    Maybe Google toolbar in use and in there Options => AutoFill is checked?

    Wÿrm, Jun 20, 2005

  3. KiwiBrian

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, KiwiBrian quothed

    > Could anyone please look at the following page and tell me why most of my
    > form entry fields have a yellow background?
    >
    > http://www.realbusinesssolutions.co.nz/contact.html

    Maybe they're chicken.

    Actually, they don't for me - in either Mozilla or IE. They're as white
    as a maggot's ass.

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Jun 20, 2005
  4. KiwiBrian

    KiwiBrian Guest

    "Neredbojias" <> wrote in message
    > With neither quill nor qualm, KiwiBrian quothed
    >
    >> Could anyone please look at the following page and tell me why most of my
    >> form entry fields have a yellow background?
    >>
    >> http://www.realbusinesssolutions.co.nz/contact.html

    > Maybe they're chicken.
    >
    > Actually, they don't for me - in either Mozilla or IE. They're as white
    > as a maggot's ass.

    Thanks very much to you both for your help.
    The problem was caused by the MSN Toolbar which I have now removed.
    I would never have thought of that in a month of Sundays.
    Brian.

    KiwiBrian, Jun 20, 2005
  5. KiwiBrian

    Mitja Guest

    On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 09:20:01 +0200, KiwiBrian <> wrote:

    > http://www.realbusinesssolutions.co.nz/contact.html

    Can't stop myself....:
    - get rid of the sickly green-grey combination. Either increase the
    contrast (darker grey, more vivid green) or make the grey dark green. Or
    perhaps increase blue a bit in the green's RGB notation.
    - if you're using text in a graphic, at least make use of it: make it
    antialiased, it'll look a whole lot better
    - too many borders in the form. perhaps remove the border of the form and
    add a pale green background instead? or try thinner borders?
    - the "your" words in the form are redundant and besides make for uneven
    vertical spacing.

    Just opinions, nothing absolute...

    Mitja

    Mitja, Jun 20, 2005
  6. KiwiBrian

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "KiwiBrian" <>
    writing in news:d96nh7$8ht$:

    > "Neredbojias" <> wrote in message
    >> With neither quill nor qualm, KiwiBrian quothed
    >>
    >>> Could anyone please look at the following page and tell me why most
    >>> of my form entry fields have a yellow background?
    >>>
    >>> http://www.realbusinesssolutions.co.nz/contact.html

    >> Maybe they're chicken.
    >>
    >> Actually, they don't for me - in either Mozilla or IE. They're as
    >> white as a maggot's ass.

    > Thanks very much to you both for your help.
    > The problem was caused by the MSN Toolbar which I have now removed.
    > I would never have thought of that in a month of Sundays.
    > Brian.

    Google toolbar does the same thing, and IMHO, it's a PITA, especially if
    you have styled input elements to be a certain way if the user has made an
    error. For example, in forms I design, if a field is missing or an
    incorrect value, it has a pink background and red on yellow label to
    distinguish it from others.

    I contacted Google about this, and they said there was nothing I could do,
    as a developer, to override it. That's really a pity, because I know people
    like using the toolbar, I use it myself, but there should be a way to at
    least disable the colors.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

    Adrienne, Jun 20, 2005
  7. KiwiBrian

    KiwiBrian Guest

    "Mitja" <> wrote in message news:eek:p.ssonerohdob4us@ibis...
    > On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 09:20:01 +0200, KiwiBrian <> wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.realbusinesssolutions.co.nz/contact.html

    > Can't stop myself....:
    > - get rid of the sickly green-grey combination. Either increase the
    > contrast (darker grey, more vivid green) or make the grey dark green. Or
    > perhaps increase blue a bit in the green's RGB notation.
    > - if you're using text in a graphic, at least make use of it: make it
    > antialiased, it'll look a whole lot better
    > - too many borders in the form. perhaps remove the border of the form and
    > add a pale green background instead? or try thinner borders?
    > - the "your" words in the form are redundant and besides make for uneven
    > vertical spacing.
    >
    > Just opinions, nothing absolute...
    >
    > Mitja

    Thanks for the comments Mitja which I appreciate, being very artisticly
    challenged, but in this case everything about the presentation is dictated
    by the client, who knows exactly what he wants.
    Which in my case is a blessing.
    Thanks again
    Brian.

    KiwiBrian, Jun 20, 2005
  8. Adrienne wrote:
    > but there should be a way to at least disable the colors.

    Posted in one of these groups earlier: use non-standard names for your
    fields and the toolbar won't color them.

    email -> femail
    address -> faddress
    etc...

    --