Form entry field colour query

KiwiBrian

Could anyone please look at the following page and tell me why most of my
form entry fields have a yellow background?

http://www.realbusinesssolutions.co.nz/contact.html

I cannot see any difference between the code for the one which is white, and
the code for the ones that are yellow, a colour whose value does not appear
anywhere in the source.
All of the CSS is embedded so it should be easy to examine the source for
the problem.

Hoping that someone can clear this up for me.
TIA
Brian Tozer

KiwiBrian

Neredbojias said:
With neither quill nor qualm, KiwiBrian quothed

Maybe they're chicken.

Actually, they don't for me - in either Mozilla or IE. They're as white
as a maggot's ass.

Thanks very much to you both for your help.
The problem was caused by the MSN Toolbar which I have now removed.
I would never have thought of that in a month of Sundays.
Brian.

Mitja

Can't stop myself....:
- get rid of the sickly green-grey combination. Either increase the
contrast (darker grey, more vivid green) or make the grey dark green. Or
perhaps increase blue a bit in the green's RGB notation.
- if you're using text in a graphic, at least make use of it: make it
antialiased, it'll look a whole lot better
- too many borders in the form. perhaps remove the border of the form and
add a pale green background instead? or try thinner borders?
- the "your" words in the form are redundant and besides make for uneven
vertical spacing.

Just opinions, nothing absolute...

Mitja

Adrienne

Thanks very much to you both for your help.
The problem was caused by the MSN Toolbar which I have now removed.
I would never have thought of that in a month of Sundays.
Brian.

Google toolbar does the same thing, and IMHO, it's a PITA, especially if
you have styled input elements to be a certain way if the user has made an
error. For example, in forms I design, if a field is missing or an
incorrect value, it has a pink background and red on yellow label to
distinguish it from others.

I contacted Google about this, and they said there was nothing I could do,
as a developer, to override it. That's really a pity, because I know people
like using the toolbar, I use it myself, but there should be a way to at
least disable the colors.

KiwiBrian

Mitja said:
Can't stop myself....:
- get rid of the sickly green-grey combination. Either increase the
contrast (darker grey, more vivid green) or make the grey dark green. Or
perhaps increase blue a bit in the green's RGB notation.
- if you're using text in a graphic, at least make use of it: make it
antialiased, it'll look a whole lot better
- too many borders in the form. perhaps remove the border of the form and
add a pale green background instead? or try thinner borders?
- the "your" words in the form are redundant and besides make for uneven
vertical spacing.

Just opinions, nothing absolute...

Mitja

Thanks for the comments Mitja which I appreciate, being very artisticly
challenged, but in this case everything about the presentation is dictated
by the client, who knows exactly what he wants.
Which in my case is a blessing.
Thanks again
Brian.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Adrienne said:
but there should be a way to at least disable the colors.

Posted in one of these groups earlier: use non-standard names for your
fields and the toolbar won't color them.

email -> femail
address -> faddress
etc...