form field cutting off querystring

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Joey Martin, May 18, 2004.

  1. Joey Martin

    Joey Martin Guest

    Joey Martin, May 18, 2004

  2. Joey Martin

    Roland Hall Guest

    "Joey Martin" wrote in message news:...
    :
    : I have the following link:
    : http://foo.com/accountlogin.asp?refer=contactform.asp?toid=101&itemid=9&
    : itemtype=horse
    :
    : a form field that should read the refer=querystring cuts off after the
    : toid=101. I assume that because I have
    : referpage=request.querystring("refer")
    :
    : Is there any way to make it read the entier section after refer= and not
    : stop and the variable?

    Try...

    referpage = Server.URLEncode(Request.QueryString("refer"))

    --
    Roland Hall
    or fitness for a particular purpose. */

    Roland Hall, May 18, 2004

  3. You're going to have mixed results on different browsers and platforms
    trying to pass two question marks in the URL like that. I suggest using
    Server.URLEncode on the first page, before you pass it across.

    Response.Redirect "accountlogin.asp?refer=" &
    Server.URLEncode("contactform.asp?toid=101&itemid=9&itemtype=horse")

    The Unencode will happen automatically when you retrieve
    Request.QueryString("refer")

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, May 18, 2004
  4. Joey Martin

    Joey Martin Guest

    That seems to pass it all but it changes all the characters to gibberish
    (to their character codes). Any ideas?

    Joey Martin, May 18, 2004