    Do you know how I can reposition teh page so they see teh
    message i.e.scroll back up the page?

    Thanks,

    C, Oct 28, 2003

  2. I assume that post back happens in your case, after which the focus still
    remains on the button. You should turn off the smart navigation feature in
    case of the error.

    HTH
    Raja

    Raja Saravanan, Oct 28, 2003

  3. C

    L. L. Guest

    I think what C meant is the field on the top is required field. And when the
    user clicks on the button on the very bottom of the page, the page will not
    post back because the required field validator fires up. However, because
    the page is so long, the user may not realize the required field on the top
    is not filled out.

    My suggestion is add a validation summary below the submit button. So when
    the user clicks on the button, the validation summary will show all
    validation message if there are any fields filled with invalid data.

    L.L.

    L. L., Oct 28, 2003
  4. C

    Guest Guest