form help

Andrew S.

I would like to know if anyone has a web site that can explain step by step
how to create a multiple page form.

Thanks in advance
Andrew S.

brucie

in post: <
Andrew S. said:
I would like to know if anyone has a web site that can explain step by step
how to create a multiple page form.

this is an excellent forms reference:
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/ but it probably doesn't cover
multi page forms especially as there are so many different techniques
that can be used.

what are you trying to do?

Adrienne

I would like to know if anyone has a web site that can explain step by
step how to create a multiple page form.

Thanks in advance
Andrew S.

I've done several multiple page forms. The thing to remember is to make
sure that all the name/value pairs on each page are passed from page to
page.

I have found that looping through the form collection and assigning the
values to hidden input elements is the best way to pass the values. Just
keep on looping through whatever was posted from the previous page. If a
user has missed a required field, I usually send the user back with the
required field and the values of the already filled in fields in a
querystring. Of course, if you are on page two, then you have to set up
if the request is the get or post method, and act accordingly.

If you can get all the information you need in one page, then have the
page post to itself. A page posting to itself is a little easier to
dubug, IMHO.