Form Help

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Hoopster, Jun 24, 2006.

  1. Hoopster

    Hoopster Guest

    This form is from a freeware template that I downloaded.

    <form action="#" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">
    <input class="sidebar" value="name" name="user" >
    <input class="sidebar" value="email" name="email" > <TEXTAREA
    class=sidebar name=content rows=40 cols=30></TEXTAREA>
    <input class="button_sidebar" value="Send" type="submit" >
    <input class="button_sidebar" value="Reset" type="reset" >
    </form>

    However, when I click send it give me an error message.

    Method Not Allowed
    The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /test2/index.html

    Does anyone have any suggestions?

    - hoopster

    Hoopster, Jun 24, 2006

  2. Hoopster wrote:

    > <form action="#" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">

    action is "the top of the current page"? That seems a bit odd.

    > However, when I click send it give me an error message.

    > Method Not Allowed
    > The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /test2/index.html

    You need to change the action to the URL of a server side script that can
    process the form. The specifics of such a script will depend on the
    capabilities of your server.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Jun 24, 2006