    Thanks,

    Max.

    , Nov 18, 2005

  2. McKirahan Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > The action URL to my form is a page that is password protected
    > (standard password protected directory).
    >
    > What would I need to do to authenticate? I've tried
    >
    > action='http://username:p/passworddirectory/'
    >
    > but that doesn't work.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Max.

    What OS are you using?

    AFAIK, WinXP SP2 prevents "username:password@" usage.

    McKirahan, Nov 18, 2005

    The web server doing the post is win 2000, and there is also a win 2003
    server available.

    That method wouldnt work for me anyway because the username has @
    character in it.

    Is there some way to do this with ASP or ASP.net by posting http
    variables? maybe through input type hidden or something else?

    Thanks,
    Max.

    , Nov 18, 2005