Form inside a form

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Galsaba, Apr 18, 2004.

  1. Galsaba

    Galsaba Guest

    Is it possible to have two forms, one inside the other?
    Something like this:

    on my code I have the following:
    <form name=form1 target="me"
    action="https://www.site.com/cgi-bin/file1" method="post">
    <input type="text" name="lastName">
    <input type="image" src="gifs/addcart.gif" border="0" name="submit"

    form name=internalForm target="in"
    action="https://www.site.com/cgi-bin/file2" method="post">
    <input type="text" name="lastName" value="Joe">
    <input type="image" src="gifs/cart.gif" border="0" name="submit"

    </form> <!--and of the internal form-->
    </form>

    Thanks,
    Joanne

    Galsaba, Apr 18, 2004

  2. Galsaba wrote:

    > Is it possible to have two forms, one inside the other?

    No

    (Although you might be able to use absolute positioning to make it look like
    you can)

    David Dorward, Apr 18, 2004

  3. Galsaba

    Galsaba Guest

    Ok, then, I found another solution.
    My question now is -
    If instead of the "submit" button, I want to click on a word (text), will this
    be possibe?
    If not, I will need to make a pic, and to write the word inside it.

    Thanks

    Galsaba, Apr 18, 2004
  4. Galsaba

    Hywel Guest

    Hywel, Apr 18, 2004
  5. Galsaba

    Jeff Thies Guest

    "Galsaba" <> wrote in message
    > Ok, then, I found another solution.
    > My question now is -
    > If instead of the "submit" button, I want to click on a word (text), will

    this
    > be possibe?

    Javascript only, with the usual caveats.

    only if javascript is active</a>

    > If not, I will need to make a pic, and to write the word inside it.

    Do that then...

    Jeff

    Jeff Thies, Apr 19, 2004