"Form level" authentication

Joined
Oct 28, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Greetings, my 1st post here.

I'm using ASP.NET VB and I am using a session variable to track the login ID of a user.

I'm using page_load and page_preRender to validate the user.

I run into an issue when the user types in the address bar, or clicks back.

If I type a page into the address bar the page checks the session variable correctly and response.redirects to the login page if the user is not logged in.
After the user logs in, they can get to the page correctly.
If they log out, and they type in the address bar that same page, or use the back button, they can get to the page and it bypasses the Page_load and Page_prerender.
Is there something else I need to do ?
I put break points in all the page events and none were hit.

Sorry if this is confusing or has already been addressed.

Perhahps I'm using form-level authencation incorrectly, that's why I put it in quotes in the title.

Thanks in advance.