    Can anybody give me any suggestions as to what is the cause of this
    behaviour and how to correct it?

    Marek

    Marek Vsechovsky, Feb 27, 2004

  2. Hi Merek,

    What is causing it is the way various browsers are designed. How to correct
    it is not to count on the same Session instance across multiple browser
    instances. Wish I could tell you something more encouraging.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    "Marek Vsechovsky" <> wrote in message
    > I have an ASP.NET web application. From a couple of pages an ser can open

    > .htm form to attach a picture using a web link. The user has the option to
    > open another dialog window from the .htm form by clicking a button. This
    > action opens the second dialog window, which is an .aspx page again. This
    > page contains list of uploaded pictures. However, it seems to work

    sometimes
    > and sometimes not. Mostly I get an error because, as I found out, the new
    > .aspx form creates its own session on the server as opposed to being part

    of

    Kevin Spencer, Feb 27, 2004

  3. Hi, Marek Vsechovsky,

    To me it seems like a problem due to a setting on the client-side. In IE 4
    it was in Internet Options -> Advanced and from what I recall it was called
    "Browse In New Process". This option should be disabled for your design to
    work.

    It is just a guess though.

    Hope this helps
    Martin