    menu. It is happenening in IE 6. It is much worse in NN4.

    Anything I can do about this?

    thanks. crispy

    Crispy, Jul 18, 2003

  2. In article <>,
    says...
    > On this page: http://earthenvessels.net/advancedsearch.asp
    >
    > when you use the drop down menu (hover mouse over MAIN MENU button on the
    > top right corner), the form objects underneath show through the drop down
    > menu. It is happenening in IE 6. It is much worse in NN4.
    >
    > Anything I can do about this?

    Hide the form items. The drop-down menu is a window-level object and
    sits at the top of the stack.

    --
    Hywel I do not each quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

    Hywel Jenkins, Jul 18, 2003

  3. Crispy

    Augustus Guest

    Augustus, Jul 18, 2003
  4. Crispy pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
    > On this page: http://earthenvessels.net/advancedsearch.asp
    >
    > when you use the drop down menu (hover mouse over MAIN MENU button on the
    > top right corner), the form objects underneath show through the drop down
    > menu. It is happenening in IE 6. It is much worse in NN4.

    I do not see any "show through" in my IE6. Not in Firebird either. I don't
    have NN4.

    > Anything I can do about this?

    Have you considered that this "menu window" will not be available to about
    20% of your visitors? Those without JavaScript? I had to turn it on to see
    what you were asking about.

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 18, 2003
  5. Crispy

    Crispy Guest

    > Have you considered that this "menu window" will not be available to about
    > 20% of your visitors? Those without JavaScript? I had to turn it on to see
    > what you were asking about.

    I didn't think 20% of people out there have javascript turned off. Are you
    sure about that?

    What about all the millions of website that use javascript?

    Do you have a workaround suggestion to accomidate the people w/o javascript?
    For example, is there a way to forward those people to a regular page that
    contains that info presented in the dropdown menu? (I am thinking now of
    just building a SITE MAP page and put a link to it in the footer and top nav
    bar.

    Crispy, Jul 18, 2003