Form Option Select List

Dennis Marks

I have noticed that if you click within a Form Option Select List and
then type a letter the list will scroll to the first item starting with
that letter. In some browsers, if you type fast enough, you can type
the first few letters of an item and it will scroll to the item. If you
type too slowly it will just rescroll to the new letter. This second
action seems to work in IE but not Netscape.

Is this action completely under the whim of the browser or is there a
way to control it, especially the time between keystrokes when multiple
letters are entered?

Michael Wilcox

Dennis said:
Is this action completely under the whim of the browser or is there a
way to control it, especially the time between keystrokes when multiple
letters are entered?

It's all just a convenient feature of some browsers. Nothing you can
control, certainly.