Form Option Select List

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Dennis Marks, May 9, 2004.

  1. Dennis Marks

    Dennis Marks Guest

    I have noticed that if you click within a Form Option Select List and
    then type a letter the list will scroll to the first item starting with
    that letter. In some browsers, if you type fast enough, you can type
    the first few letters of an item and it will scroll to the item. If you
    type too slowly it will just rescroll to the new letter. This second
    action seems to work in IE but not Netscape.

    Is this action completely under the whim of the browser or is there a
    way to control it, especially the time between keystrokes when multiple
    letters are entered?

    --
    Dennis Marks
    http://www.dcs-chico.com/~denmarks/

    Dennis Marks, May 9, 2004

  2. Dennis Marks wrote:
    > Is this action completely under the whim of the browser or is there a
    > way to control it, especially the time between keystrokes when multiple
    > letters are entered?

    It's all just a convenient feature of some browsers. Nothing you can
    control, certainly.
    --
    Michael Wilcox, http://mikewilcox.t35.com/

    Michael Wilcox, May 10, 2004