Form Post Back in ASP.Net 1.1

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Sundararajan, Apr 25, 2005.

  1. Sundararajan

    Sundararajan Guest

    Dear Folks,

    I have a hyperlink in my page - webform1.aspx
    on click of this i want it to post back to the second page -webform2.aspx.
    is this possible in ASP.Net 1.1. if so how can i go about it.
    I tried to use a javascript function for this

    function dopostback()
    {

    document.Form1.hdnpostback.value="hhhhh";
    document.Form1.method = "Post";
    document.Form1.action="webform2.aspx";
    document.Form1.submit();
    }

    but it was not working.

    thanx in advance
    --
    S.Sundararajan
    Sundararajan, Apr 25, 2005

  2. Sundararajan

    Galin Iliev Guest

    Why don't you use just
    response.redirect("webform2.aspx");

    ?

    This makes more sense when you want to move to second page
    or even better
    place <a href="webform2.aspx">Link Name</a> where you want the link in HTML
    code

    Regards
    Galin Iliev

    Galin Iliev, Apr 25, 2005

  3. hi sundar,

    please do not post the same question in multiple forums, if u want to post
    pls cross post you queries, just a request, so that its easy for people to
    track the responses.

    It happened to me that i was searching for the reply i wrote, and finally
    found it in another group.

    regds
    Kannan.V

    Kannan.V [MCSD.net], Apr 25, 2005