Form post not passing data to ASP???

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by MK, Jan 29, 2006.

  1. MK

    MK Guest

    I have IIS server installed on XP-pro. I also have Norton Internet
    Security installed.

    I can run simple ASP programs without any problem. But when I use forms
    with post method and call an asp in action, it does not pass any data
    to ASP.

    Request.Form method on a form field does not return any value.

    This code works on web hosting provider server, just does not work on
    my workstation with my own IIS server. Any help would be appreciated...

    Here is the form code:
    <head>
    <title>Guestbook Form</title>
    </head>
    <form name="form" method="post" action="seltest.asp">
    Name: <input type="text" name="name1" maxlength="20">
    <input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit">
    </form>
    ------------------------
    Here is the ASP code:
    <head>
    <title>Entry Select</title>
    </head>
    <%
    Response.Write (Request.Form("name1"))
    %>
    MK, Jan 29, 2006

  2. MK wrote:
    > I have IIS server installed on XP-pro. I also have Norton Internet
    > Security installed.

    Please don't multipost.

    If you really think your post needs input from two groups (in this case, it
    most certainly did not - your question had nothing to do with databases so
    it was definitely offtopic in the .asp.db group) then crosspost instead by
    putting the addresses of both groups into the To: field of a single message.
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jan 29, 2006

  3. Maybe a caching problem; try adding the time to make sure that the page is
    refreshed.

    --
    Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
    MVP - Technologies Virtual-PC