Form post not passing data to ASP???

MK

I have IIS server installed on XP-pro. I also have Norton Internet
Security installed.

I can run simple ASP programs without any problem. But when I use forms
with post method and call an asp in action, it does not pass any data
to ASP.

Request.Form method on a form field does not return any value.

This code works on web hosting provider server, just does not work on
my workstation with my own IIS server. Any help would be appreciated...

Here is the form code:
<head>
<title>Guestbook Form</title>
</head>
<form name="form" method="post" action="seltest.asp">
Name: <input type="text" name="name1" maxlength="20">
<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit">
</form>
------------------------
Here is the ASP code:
<head>
<title>Entry Select</title>
</head>
<%
Response.Write (Request.Form("name1"))
%>

Bob Barrows [MVP]

MK said:
I have IIS server installed on XP-pro. I also have Norton Internet
Security installed.

Please don't multipost.

If you really think your post needs input from two groups (in this case, it
most certainly did not - your question had nothing to do with databases so
it was definitely offtopic in the .asp.db group) then crosspost instead by
putting the addresses of both groups into the To: field of a single message.

Sylvain Lafontaine

Maybe a caching problem; try adding the time to make sure that the page is
refreshed.