FORM POST ONSUBMIT (from non-frames page : result to _self Frame page)

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by J Kester, Dec 23, 2003.

  1. J Kester

    J Kester Guest

    From a newby scripty:

    I have a Merchandizer Ecomm web-site: Merchandizer which uses '.asp '
    all over!
    www.funwear-lingerie.com . (don;t laugh I;m still learning)

    I use MS FrontPage "shared borders" for navigation for my index & main
    "department" navigation pages. Site is designed so when customer
    selects a specific (sub)department, a frames page is displayed for
    customer navigation convenience. I know I could use FRAMES from
    index.htm page forward,; but I prefer to use NON-frames page where
    asolutely possible to enable search engine bots. I know v. little
    about html or JS .. but I can copy/paste pretty good.

    ISSUE: I want to have most pages NOT to be in frames; especially front
    page (index.htm) due to "search engine" reasons ...
    I placed user's site "search" function button in left shared border
    (code for this search copied from default website).
    ###############
    ..
    ..
    ..
    <form METHOD="POST" ACTION="../Templates/frmTemplateL.asp?SubFolderID=1&SearchYN=Y"
    TARGET="_top">
    <input type="hidden" name="cmdSearch" value="Search For:"><div
    align="center"><center><p><input
    TYPE="submit" NAME="cmdSearch" VALUE=" Search "><br>
    <input NAME="txtSearch" SIZE="10" MAXLENGTH="50" VALUE></p>
    </center></div>
    </form>
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ###############

    PROB: Merchandizer "search" function from left shared border is also
    " .asp " function which as I have set up now ; opens in same page
    without navigation except for bottom footer.
    (i.e no top NAV frame as desired:
    see .... http://www.funwear-lingerie.com/Merchant/searchfrm.htm
    .... )

    IDEAL SOLUTION ( [KISS] is this possible ? ) :
    <FORM METHOD .... ONSUBMIT ("some javascript or function()") ....
    ... new page loaded in current window (i.e. SearchFrm.htm)
    .....with the top frame displaying my navigation links as shown in :
    http://www.funwear-lingerie.com/Merchant/CostumesFrm.htm

    .... I have been playing with JS to do this with poor success (my
    ignorance). I have been able to re-open current window to display
    frame page (i.e searchfrm.htm) but search results fail to show up
    except in new window w/o top navigation frame.

    Thanks for considering ...

    Merry Christmas .,,,

    Jeff K
    J Kester, Dec 23, 2003