FORM POST ONSUBMIT (from non-frames page : result to _self Frame page)

J Kester

From a newby scripty:

I have a Merchandizer Ecomm web-site: Merchandizer which uses '.asp '
all over!
www.funwear-lingerie.com . (don;t laugh I;m still learning)

I use MS FrontPage "shared borders" for navigation for my index & main
"department" navigation pages. Site is designed so when customer
selects a specific (sub)department, a frames page is displayed for
customer navigation convenience. I know I could use FRAMES from
index.htm page forward,; but I prefer to use NON-frames page where
asolutely possible to enable search engine bots. I know v. little
about html or JS .. but I can copy/paste pretty good.

ISSUE: I want to have most pages NOT to be in frames; especially front
page (index.htm) due to "search engine" reasons ...
I placed user's site "search" function button in left shared border
(code for this search copied from default website).
###############
..
..
..
<form METHOD="POST" ACTION="../Templates/frmTemplateL.asp?SubFolderID=1&SearchYN=Y"
TARGET="_top">
<input type="hidden" name="cmdSearch" value="Search For:"><div
align="center"><center><p><input
TYPE="submit" NAME="cmdSearch" VALUE=" Search "><br>
<input NAME="txtSearch" SIZE="10" MAXLENGTH="50" VALUE></p>
</center></div>
</form>
..
..
..
###############

PROB: Merchandizer "search" function from left shared border is also
" .asp " function which as I have set up now ; opens in same page
without navigation except for bottom footer.
(i.e no top NAV frame as desired:
see .... http://www.funwear-lingerie.com/Merchant/searchfrm.htm
.... )

IDEAL SOLUTION ( [KISS] is this possible ? ) :
<FORM METHOD .... ONSUBMIT ("some javascript or function()") ....
... new page loaded in current window (i.e. SearchFrm.htm)
.....with the top frame displaying my navigation links as shown in :
http://www.funwear-lingerie.com/Merchant/CostumesFrm.htm

.... I have been playing with JS to do this with poor success (my
ignorance). I have been able to re-open current window to display
frame page (i.e searchfrm.htm) but search results fail to show up
except in new window w/o top navigation frame.

Thanks for considering ...

Merry Christmas .,,,

Jeff K