    Expert in ePOS (Point-Of-Sales) solutions
    Website: http://www.itech.com.hk (IE only)
    Tel: (852)2325 3883 Fax: (852)2325 8288

    Man-wai Chang, May 15, 2007

  2. Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 15, 2007

  3. Man-wai Chang

    John Hosking Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Man-wai Chang wrote:
    >
    >> How could I do that?

    > By reviewing answers to your multi-post in the other newsgroup.

    For once I am actually hoping to *find* the multipost. I see the OP got
    berated (and multi-plonked) over in c.i.w.a.h, but nowhere do I see a
    pointer to the actual useful answers (if any) he received. *Which* other
    newsgroup?

    --
    John

    John Hosking, May 15, 2007
  4. John Hosking wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> By reviewing answers to your multi-post in the other newsgroup.

    > For once I am actually hoping to *find* the multipost. I see the OP
    > got berated (and multi-plonked) over in c.i.w.a.h, but nowhere do I
    > see a pointer to the actual useful answers (if any) he received.
    > *Which* other newsgroup?

    That would be the other newsgroup. Jim Moe gave a reasonable answer. The
    OP probably would have gotten a few answers if s/he had posted a link to
    the site instead of attaching an image of a page.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 15, 2007
  5. Man-wai Chang

    John Hosking Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > John Hosking wrote:
    >
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>> By reviewing answers to your multi-post in the other newsgroup.

    >> For once I am actually hoping to *find* the multipost. I see the OP
    >> got berated (and multi-plonked) over in c.i.w.a.h, but nowhere do I
    >> see a pointer to the actual useful answers (if any) he received.
    >> *Which* other newsgroup?

    > That would be the other newsgroup. Jim Moe gave a reasonable answer. The
    > OP probably would have gotten a few answers if s/he had posted a link to
    > the site instead of attaching an image of a page.

    Ah. Well it was confusing to me, since nobody was naming (NG) names,
    just saying, "That's wrong, boy." As I chased around trying to find
    "missing" posts I felt like Cool Hand Luke digging a hole for one Boss
    over here, then moving the dirt for the other Boss back into the hole, etc.

    Jim Moe posted some 20 minutes before I did, and I hadn't seen his post.

    Here's the timeline I see (my local newsreader-reported time, almost all
    on Tue, 15 May 2007):

    *??:??* OP (Man-wai Chang) posts in c.i.w.a.h with binary attachment. I,
    like many others, never see his post, as my server doesn't carry it.

    *07:52* Jukka posts a reply in c.i.w.a.h saying URLs, not binaries.

    *08:53* OP reposts in c.i.w.a.h with URL instead of binary, following
    Jukka's advice.

    *08:53* OP (Man-wai Chang) multi-posts in alt.html duplicate of his post
    in c.i.w.a.h.

    *11:12* Jukka plonks OP in c.i.w.a.h for multiposting "_after_ he [OP]
    had been informed about the issue." Here I presumed "the issue" was
    binaries-rather-than-text, but now I have to guess Jukka thought OP had
    been advised about multiposting some time in the past.

    *11:47* OP wonders, "Someone said I should not attach images. So I
    re-posted the question using a URL to the image instead. What's wrong?"
    I join him in wondering (only later do I see the dup post in a.html).

    *14:35* BTS posts in a.html pointing to answers in other NG [c.i.w.a.h]

    *19:31* Jim Moe posts in c.i.w.a.h with the first (and only) actual answer.

    *03:38* (next day, 16. May) OP thanks Jim Moe in c.i.w.a.h.

    I hope the OP has learned something from this. Speaking for myself, if I
    ever see Man-wai Chang multi-posting I will jump on him for all that I
    am worth. ;-) In the end, I see that Jim Moe's solution won't help me
    right now, so I guess I'll just go get some sleep...

    --
    John

    John Hosking, May 16, 2007
  6. John Hosking wrote:

    > Ah. Well it was confusing to me, since nobody was naming (NG) names,
    > just saying, "That's wrong, boy." As I chased around trying to find
    > "missing" posts I felt like Cool Hand Luke digging a hole for one
    > Boss over here, then moving the dirt for the other Boss back into the
    > hole, etc.

    You have too much time on your hands... ;-)

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 16, 2007
  7. John Hosking wrote:

    > Ah. Well it was confusing to me, since nobody was naming (NG) names,
    > just saying, "That's wrong, boy." As I chased around trying to find
    > "missing" posts I felt like Cool Hand Luke digging a hole for one Boss
    > over here, then moving the dirt for the other Boss back into the hole, etc.
    >
    > Jim Moe posted some 20 minutes before I did, and I hadn't seen his post.

    <snip timeline>

    John that is just a small fraction of the posts OP has done on
    comp.lang.php at times it seems like one ever 5 minutes on stuff that is
    easily found by RTFM. And seems to be trying to do the "professionally"
    with such a skill set! So has ruffled some feathers in that NG, some
    poster here are in common.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan