Form Post via HttpWebRequest

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Tony Hunter, Mar 10, 2005.

  1. Tony Hunter

    Tony Hunter Guest

    Hello,

    I am trying to automatically login to websites after I have used SSO to get
    the credentials. For my test, I am working with my Yahoo account. The code
    that I am using is code that many have said works fine. I have done some
    tweaking to fit my specific needs. The Problem is when I post to the My
    Yahoo login page, the apparently the user name and password are being passed
    because my user name is accepted, but I am told that there is an INVALID
    PASSWORD. I know the password is correct because I use the account all the
    time. Has anyone had this problem? Can anyone help me? Thank you in
    advance.

    Tony

    Here is the code I am using:

    void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) {

    string appURL = "http://login.yahoo.com/config/login";
    string strPostData = String.Format("login={0}&password={1}",
    "myloginname", "mypassword");

    // Setup the http request.
    HttpWebRequest wrWebRequest = WebRequest.Create(appURL) as
    HttpWebRequest;
    wrWebRequest.Method = "POST";
    wrWebRequest.ContentLength = strPostData.Length;
    wrWebRequest.ContentType = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded";
    wrWebRequest.CookieContainer = new CookieContainer();

    // Post to the login form.
    StreamWriter swRequestWriter = new
    StreamWriter(wrWebRequest.GetRequestStream());
    swRequestWriter.Write(strPostData);
    swRequestWriter.Close();

    // Get the response.
    HttpWebResponse hwrWebResponse =
    (HttpWebResponse)wrWebRequest.GetResponse();

    // Have some cookies.
    CookieCollection ccCookies = hwrWebResponse.Cookies;

    // Read the response
    StreamReader srResponseReader = new
    StreamReader(hwrWebResponse.GetResponseStream());
    string strResponseData = srResponseReader.ReadToEnd();
    srResponseReader.Close();

    // Display the response.
    Response.Write(strResponseData);
    }

    Tony Hunter, Mar 10, 2005

  2. Tony Hunter

    Tony Hunter Guest

    Never mind. I figured it out.

    Tony

    Tony Hunter, Mar 11, 2005

  3. Tony Hunter

    alexdp Guest

    Tony, so tell us.... What did it take to get it to work?

    Alex

    alexdp, Mar 16, 2005