    user can then delete the control.
    What can I do to fix a problem like this? All I did was place some controls
    inside of a table and added a submit button. Thanks!

    Leon Shaw, Jul 7, 2003

  2. You might want to check whether Andy Smith's FirstFocus control will do what
    you need. Once you determine which textbox was invalid you could probably call
    FirstFocus.ControlToFocus and set the focus to it:

    FirstFocus Example

    http://www.metabuilders.com/Tools/FirstFocus.aspx

    ASP.NET Validation Controls
    http://www.dnzone.com/ShowDetail.asp?NewsId=125

    "Leon Shaw" <> wrote in message
    I built a normal registration form containing the normal textboxes,
    dropdownlists, and validation controls. However, when a user submits the
    form in which some field does not pass the client side validation of a
    particular control (textbox, dropdownlist, etc.) the cursor does not return
    to that particular control. It returns back within in the page in which the

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jul 7, 2003