    Using HTML, Javascript or vbscript, ASP...

    Thanks.

    Francois
    Frankster, Nov 24, 2004

  2. Frankster

    Karl Core Guest

    "Frankster" <> wrote in message
    news:9l3pd.36661$...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm trying to build a form where users can optionnally enter 1 or any
    > number
    > of relatives wich are to be stored separatly in a database.
    >
    > I'd like to have a form wich allows the user to click on a button and it
    > would generate a new text box to enter this relative while the remaining
    > stuff stays intact.
    >
    > How can I do this?
    >
    > Using HTML, Javascript or vbscript, ASP...

    This is like asking how to build a car and expecting someone how to explain
    mechanical engineering to you.

    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish....

    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/interact/forms.html
    http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_forms.asp
    http://www.htmlhelp.com/faq/html/forms.html

    http://www.w3schools.com/asp/default.asp
    http://www.asp101.com/
    http://www.aspronline.com/learn/

    --
    -Karl Core
    Please Support "Project Boneyard":
    Karl Core, Nov 24, 2004

  3. Frankster

    Neal Guest

    Karl Core wrote:

    > This is like asking how to build a car and expecting someone how to
    > explain
    > mechanical engineering to you.

    Or as I jokingly asked a cute girl in high school who played saxophone:

    "Can I ask you a question?"

    "Sure..."

    "How do you play the sax?"
    Neal, Nov 25, 2004
  4. Frankster

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Neal scribbled in the mud:

    > Karl Core wrote:
    >
    >> This is like asking how to build a car and expecting someone how to
    >> explain
    >> mechanical engineering to you.

    > Or as I jokingly asked a cute girl in high school who played saxophone:
    >
    > "Can I ask you a question?"
    >
    > "Sure..."
    >
    > "How do you play the sax?"

    Was she impressed?

    --
    Duende (irregular)
    Friends help you move.
    Duende, Nov 25, 2004
  5. Frankster

    Neal Guest

    Duende wrote:
    > Neal wrote
    >> Or as I jokingly asked a cute girl in high school who played saxophone:
    >>
    >> [inane rambling]

    > Was she impressed?

    What do you think?
    Neal, Nov 25, 2004
  6. Frankster

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Neal scribbled in the mud:

    > Duende wrote:
    >> Neal wrote
    >>> Or as I jokingly asked a cute girl in high school who played saxophone:
    >>>
    >>> [inane rambling]

    >> Was she impressed?

    > What do you think?

    That she had a good laugh.

    Duende, Nov 25, 2004
  7. Frankster

    Neal Guest

    Duende wrote:
    > Neal wrote:
    >> What do you think?

    > That she had a good laugh.

    Yeah, but I'm laughing now. 'Course, I'm intoxicated.
    Neal, Nov 25, 2004
  8. Frankster

    rf Guest

    Neal wrote:
    > Duende wrote:
    > > Neal wrote:
    > >> What do you think?

    > > That she had a good laugh.

    > Yeah, but I'm laughing now. 'Course, I'm intoxicated.

    Not the bloody martinis again?

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Nov 25, 2004
  9. Frankster

    Neal Guest

    On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 08:05:39 GMT, rf <rf@.invalid> wrote:

    > Neal wrote:
    >> Duende wrote:
    >> > That she had a good laugh.

    >> Yeah, but I'm laughing now. 'Course, I'm intoxicated.

    > Not the bloody martinis again?

    I'd go to AA but the coffee sucks.
    Neal, Nov 25, 2004
  10. Frankster

    Neal Guest

    OT Re: Form question

    On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 08:05:39 GMT, rf <rf@.invalid> wrote:

    > Neal wrote:
    >> Duende wrote:
    >> > That she had a good laugh.

    >> Yeah, but I'm laughing now. 'Course, I'm intoxicated.

    > Not the bloody martinis again?

    As an example: I find this terribly entertaining...

    http://kimbo-be-coo.com/domo-dance.swf
    Neal, Nov 25, 2004
  11. Frankster

    rf Guest

    rf, Nov 25, 2004
  12. Frankster

    Neal Guest

    Re: OT Re: Form question

    rf wrote:

    > Neal
    >
    >> As an example: I find this terribly entertaining...
    >>
    >> http://kimbo-be-coo.com/domo-dance.swf

    > Far too many martinis.

    I thought all you Brits loved Robbie Williams?
    Neal, Nov 25, 2004
  13. Frankster

    rf Guest

    Re: OT Re: Form question

    Neal
    > rf wrote:
    >
    > > Neal
    > >
    > >> As an example: I find this terribly entertaining...
    > >>
    > >> http://kimbo-be-coo.com/domo-dance.swf

    > > Far too many martinis.

    > I thought all you Brits loved Robbie Williams?

    What are you doing calling me a brit? I'm on the other side of the planet
    from those bastards -)

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Nov 25, 2004
  14. Frankster

    Frankster Guest

    "Karl Core" <> wrote in message

    > "Frankster" <> wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I'm trying to build a form where users can optionnally enter 1 or any
    > > number
    > > of relatives wich are to be stored separatly in a database.
    > >
    > > I'd like to have a form wich allows the user to click on a button and it
    > > would generate a new text box to enter this relative while the remaining
    > > stuff stays intact.
    > >
    > > How can I do this?
    > >
    > > Using HTML, Javascript or vbscript, ASP...

    > This is like asking how to build a car and expecting someone how to

    explain
    > mechanical engineering to you.
    >
    > Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish....
    >
    > http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/interact/forms.html
    > http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_forms.asp
    > http://www.htmlhelp.com/faq/html/forms.html
    >
    > http://www.w3schools.com/asp/default.asp
    > http://www.asp101.com/
    > http://www.aspronline.com/learn/
    >

    > --
    > -Karl Core
    > Please Support "Project Boneyard":
    > http://www.insurgence.net/info.aspx?action=band&item=boneyard

    Maybe it wasnt clear but I didn't ask about building the whole form, I know
    how to do that.

    I was asking specifically about adding a new text box at the press of a
    button.

    I couldn't find anything about that in your links.

    Got some more?
    Frankster, Nov 25, 2004
  15. Frankster

    Neal Guest

    Re: OT Re: Form question

    rf wrote:

    > What are you doing calling me a brit? I'm on the other side of the planet
    > from those bastards -)

    Not you, directed to the general audience. But you do still talk funny...
    Neal, Nov 25, 2004
  16. On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 09:20:30 -0500, Frankster <> wrote:

    [snip]

    > I was asking specifically about adding a new text box at the press of a
    > button.

    How you approach this depends entirely upon how and where this document
    will be used.

    If it's for the Web, the ideal solution will provide both client- and
    server-side options, where the former will fall back to the latter should
    the user's browser be unable to perform the addition itself. That is,
    "Add" will be a submit button. If the client-side addition succeeds, the
    form submission is cancelled. Should the client-side addition fail, the
    current data will be sent to the server, which will then send the page
    back with a new INPUT element added.

    If it's for a restricted environment where you know that a client-side
    solution will always succeed, then you can just concern yourself with that.

    In both cases, you'll be using the Document Object Model (DOM:
    <URL:http://www.w3.org/DOM/>) to create and then add the new element to
    the form.

    You can see a (very) quick and dirty implementation of the client-side
    implementation at
    <URL:http://www.mlwinter.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ah/frankster/add-box.html>.
    Something more refined could be made easily, but it depends on the
    structure of your form.

    Hope that helps,
    Mike

    --
    Michael Winter
    Michael Winter, Nov 25, 2004
  17. Frankster

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Toby Inkster, Nov 25, 2004
  18. Frankster

    Frankster Guest

    Thanks alot Micheal! You gave me what I needed to be on the right track and
    more.

    Have a nice day.

    Frankster, Nov 26, 2004