form redirect page

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 18, 2006.

  1. mikefitzgibbonsson wrote:

    > Hi, I have a contact form page with an asp action to send me the
    > user's information upon clicking the submit button. How can I have
    > the user automatically redirected to a "confirmation" page for 2
    > seconds, then redirected back to my homepage? Thanks a lot.

    Use:
    <META http-equiv="refresh" content="2; URL=http://www.example.com/">

    ...but please reconsider. Two seconds (or really any low amount of
    seconds) is definitely not user-friendly. Most visitors will not have
    time to comprehend what the page said.

    Put a link on the page back to your home page, or better yet, have the
    page work just like all your other pages, complete with standard
    navigation. Let the visitor decide.

    They may want to print your confirmation page, too.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 18, 2006

  2. Hi, I have a contact form page with an asp action to send me the user's

    mikefitzgibbonsson, Jun 18, 2006

  3. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    verity Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > mikefitzgibbonsson wrote:
    >
    > > Hi, I have a contact form page with an asp action to send me the
    > > user's information upon clicking the submit button. How can I have
    > > the user automatically redirected to a "confirmation" page for 2
    > > seconds, then redirected back to my homepage? Thanks a lot.

    > Use:
    > <META http-equiv="refresh" content="2; URL=http://www.example.com/">
    >
    > ..but please reconsider. Two seconds (or really any low amount of
    > seconds) is definitely not user-friendly. Most visitors will not have
    > time to comprehend what the page said.
    >
    > Put a link on the page back to your home page, or better yet, have the
    > page work just like all your other pages, complete with standard
    > navigation. Let the visitor decide.
    >
    > They may want to print your confirmation page, too.
    >
    > --
    > -bts
    > -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    That's great advice, I needed to know that too. Thanks again, Verity.

    verity, Jun 18, 2006