    Using VB.Net and ASP.Net
    I have a forms page which returns results to an HTML email.

    Can I have this results page be on the website as well?
    dancer, May 18, 2007

  2. When you say "which returns results to an HTML email" I can only assume you
    mean that the form fields are used to populate properties and send an email
    as a result of a Form post (or postback, more likely).
    Is there any particular reason why you cannot also display these formfield
    values in controls on the page itself as well?

    Peter
    --
    Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    Short urls & more: http://ittyurl.net

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, May 18, 2007

  3. dancer

    Mark Rae Guest

    "dancer" <> wrote in message

    > Using VB.Net and ASP.Net
    > I have a forms page which returns results to an HTML email.
    >
    > Can I have this results page be on the website as well?

    Is the form not retaining the value of its controls after postback...???

    --
    http://www.markrae.net
    Mark Rae, May 18, 2007
  4. dancer

    dancer Guest

    Peter and Mark,

    Well, yes, the forms page still has the information, at least until it is
    run again. I was thinking of storing each persons's response in a page in a
    password protected folder in the website. ??

    dancer, May 18, 2007
  5. dancer

    Mark Rae Guest

    "dancer" <> wrote in message

    > I was thinking of storing each persons's response in a page in a password
    > protected folder in the website. ??

    If you need to keep a history of responses, why don't you store them in a
    database and them retrieve them as and when required...?

    Did you get a copy of the ASP.NET book I suggested, AAMOI...?

    --
    http://www.markrae.net
    Mark Rae, May 18, 2007
  6. dancer

    dancer Guest

    I'm sorry, Mark, I don't remeber an ASP.NET book you suggested.
    I have bought a VB2005 book.
    I have made great strides in learning a few basics. I am going to tackle a
    database next. But I thought while I have this page, I might store the info
    that way and it would give me an opportunity to learn something else new
    that is not way above my head.

    dancer, May 18, 2007
  7. dancer

    Mark Rae Guest

    Mark Rae, May 19, 2007
  8. dancer

    dancer Guest

    Thank you, Mark.

    I am usiing the Microsoft ASP.Net QuickStarts Tutorial. Is the book better
    than that?

    dancer, May 22, 2007
  9. dancer

    Mark Rae Guest

    "dancer" <> wrote in message

    > I am usiing the Microsoft ASP.Net QuickStarts Tutorial. Is the book
    > better than that?

    Yes.

    --
    http://www.markrae.net