Form Results to other webpage

dancer

Using VB.Net and ASP.Net
I have a forms page which returns results to an HTML email.

Can I have this results page be on the website as well?

Guest

When you say "which returns results to an HTML email" I can only assume you
mean that the form fields are used to populate properties and send an email
as a result of a Form post (or postback, more likely).
Is there any particular reason why you cannot also display these formfield
values in controls on the page itself as well?

Peter

Mark Rae

Using VB.Net and ASP.Net
I have a forms page which returns results to an HTML email.

Can I have this results page be on the website as well?

Is the form not retaining the value of its controls after postback...???

dancer

Peter and Mark,

Well, yes, the forms page still has the information, at least until it is
run again. I was thinking of storing each persons's response in a page in a
password protected folder in the website. ??

Mark Rae

I was thinking of storing each persons's response in a page in a password
protected folder in the website. ??

If you need to keep a history of responses, why don't you store them in a
database and them retrieve them as and when required...?

Did you get a copy of the ASP.NET book I suggested, AAMOI...?

dancer

I'm sorry, Mark, I don't remeber an ASP.NET book you suggested.
I have bought a VB2005 book.
I have made great strides in learning a few basics. I am going to tackle a
database next. But I thought while I have this page, I might store the info
that way and it would give me an opportunity to learn something else new
that is not way above my head.

dancer

Thank you, Mark.

I am usiing the Microsoft ASP.Net QuickStarts Tutorial. Is the book better
than that?