Will grab everything after the "?"

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

| Hi,
|
| Is there a way to grab all the results from the querystring which are sent
| via a form submit?
|
| In PHP, you can just do something like $var = _GET; which will grab all the
| fields on the querystring.
|
| Thanks,
| Shahid

Shahid Juma

Hi,

Is there a way to grab all the results from the querystring which are sent
via a form submit?

In PHP, you can just do something like $var = _GET; which will grab all the
fields on the querystring.

Thanks,
Shahid

Phill. W

Shahid Juma said:
Is there a way to grab all the results from the querystring which are sent
via a form submit?

To do just what you've asked for, use:

Request.QueryString

This extracts all the QueryString arguments passed in one go (retaining
any Encoding applied to it to make the data safe to travel in this
way (translating spaces to '+'s, for example).

However, I would strongly advise /against/ passing form data using
QueryStrings (i.e. <form method='GET' >). QueryStrings are
notoriously limited in size, depending largely on which webserver
you're talking to (limits of 1 to 2 Kb being typical) /and/ they are visible
to the user; they can change them if they're feeling devious.

I would recommend changing the HTML Form tag to use

<form method='POST'>

and pick up the data sent using

Request.Form

instead.

HTH,
Phill W.

Shahid Juma

Thanks,

Another follow up question. I have multiple checkboxes with the same name.
How can I retrieve each result?

Thanks,
Shahid

Adrienne

Another follow up question. I have multiple checkboxes with the same
name. How can I retrieve each result?

The results are in the form of:
checkbox = first, second, third, fourth, fifth

so you can do a split to get the values.