    letters are allowed in the user names. Is there a swithch or other way to
    get these types of names to work?

    Thanks

    randy.buchholz, Sep 28, 2009

  2. Hello Randy,

    > I'm using Forms security on an ASP.net application. I would like to use
    > last, first or email for the user name. It seems that
    > only letters are allowed in the user names.

    At the most basic level, Forms authentication is just working using strings,
    and it is up to you how you want to allow as a valid username/password
    combination.

    Most likely you are using some kind of control/library/additional framework
    that creates this requirement for only typing in letters. If this is the
    case, then let us know which additional piece you are using. Many components
    expect you to type an e-mail address as the username, which in turn should
    allow numbers as well.

    Thank you!

    --
    Regards,