    here. Just a simple order form.

    Thanks!
    Scott
    Scott, Dec 24, 2004

  2. Scott wrote:
    > I've been using Response-O-Matic, a free CGI form processor
    > on my website (http://www.uslink.net/~golden/order1.html)
    > for several years, but lately they've gone over the top with
    > their intrusive ads when you click Submit. (They used to have
    > just one ad far in the background). I found out that my ISP
    > (Charter) supports a standard CGI Form mail script. Until I
    > get CGI figured out and configured, will it work to use a simple
    > mailto:

    No.

    --
    Hywel
    Hywel Jenkins, Dec 25, 2004

  3. Scott

    Scott Guest

    Hywel Jenkins wrote:

    > Scott wrote:
    > > I've been using Response-O-Matic, a free CGI form processor
    > > on my website (http://www.uslink.net/~golden/order1.html)
    > > for several years, but lately they've gone over the top with
    > > their intrusive ads when you click Submit. (They used to have
    > > just one ad far in the background). I found out that my ISP
    > > (Charter) supports a standard CGI Form mail script. Until I
    > > get CGI figured out and configured, will it work to use a simple
    > > mailto:

    > No.
    >
    > --
    > Hywel

    Hywel,

    Is there an alternative to CGI in the meantime?

    Scott
    Scott, Dec 25, 2004
  4. In article <>, says...

    > Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    > >
    > > Scott wrote:
    > > > I've been using Response-O-Matic, a free CGI form processor
    > > > on my website (http://www.uslink.net/~golden/order1.html)
    > > > for several years, but lately they've gone over the top with
    > > > their intrusive ads when you click Submit. (They used to have
    > > > just one ad far in the background). I found out that my ISP
    > > > (Charter) supports a standard CGI Form mail script. Until I
    > > > get CGI figured out and configured, will it work to use a simple
    > > > mailto:

    > > No.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Hywel

    > Hywel,
    >
    > Is there an alternative to CGI in the meantime?

    You're not after an alternative to CGI - you're after an alternative to
    Response-o-matic. Go to http://cgi.resourceindex.com/ or
    http://php.resourceindex.com/ to find an alternative.

    --
    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.
    Hywel Jenkins, Dec 25, 2004
  5. Scott

    Guest

    Scott wrote:
    > I've been using Response-O-Matic, a free CGI form processor
    > on my website (http://www.uslink.net/~golden/order1.html)
    > for several years, but lately they've gone over the top with
    > their intrusive ads when you click Submit. (They used to have
    > just one ad far in the background). I found out that my ISP
    > (Charter) supports a standard CGI Form mail script. Until I
    > get CGI figured out and configured, will it work to use a simple
    > mailto: (my email) for my form submission? Will all browsers
    > support this? There's no shopping cart or credit cards involved
    > here. Just a simple order form.
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Scott

    Try these guys. There service is free and with no ads.
    http://www.cutandpastescripts.com
    Derek Taylor
    http://www.portprophecy.com
    , Dec 29, 2004