Form Submit Dynamic URL, Leave Fields Off

Mitchell Fisher

Hi, I need to send a URL from a form like:

http://thehost/12345?A=B

where the number comes from a form text field. I can't send

http://thehost/12345?A=B&formnum=12345

where formnum is the field name, because I can't change the
server-side application, and the application rejects the request if
the formnum parameter is present.

I am using JavaScript to build document.formname.action from the form,
but the browsers (both IE 6 & Netscape 8) are appending the form
fields too. I can't leave the name= part off of the form fields, can
I, and still be able to access the fields?