    I thank you in advance for any help

    Newcomsas

    , Jul 14, 2006

  2. Mike Brind Guest

    wrote:
    > Hallo.
    >
    > I'm working on an email message sent in HTML format. As the email reach
    > the adressee the HTML is correctly visualizaed (I made sever tests with
    > Outlook 2003).
    >
    > The fact is that the code contains a <form> that should be submitted to
    > an external ASP page. The <form> tag naturally cointains a
    > target=_blank and a proper action.
    >
    > Anyway it semms to be impossible to make the form work. The submit does
    > not work; it is evidently an Outlook permission matter...
    >
    > I verified that sever other things such as <iframes and Javascript code
    > do not work at all when an HTML is visualized in Outlook.
    >
    > Is there a way, in your knowledge to go round the problem ?
    >
    > I thank you in advance for any help

    Do you have Firefox set as your default browser?

    --
    Mike Brind

    Mike Brind, Jul 14, 2006

  3. Newcomsas Guest

    Mike Brind:

    > Do you have Firefox set as your default browser?

    My default browser is IE6.

    Newcomsas

    Newcomsas, Jul 14, 2006
  4. Why are you e-mailing a form? E-mail is for e-mail. Web browsers are for
    Web forms. Why not e-mail a link to a page with your form? There are
    countless reasons that you should at least consider this.

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Jul 14, 2006
  5. Newcomsas Guest

    Ray Costanzo [MVP]:

    > Why are you e-mailing a form? E-mail is for e-mail. Web browsers are for
    > Web forms. Why not e-mail a link to a page with your form? There are
    > countless reasons that you should at least consider this.

    The email HTML code should send (via POST) a long XML string to an ASP
    page. On the ASP page this XML is passed to a flash movie via
    Javascript. There is no way to simply send this string via querystring,
    the text long exceeds 256 characters. So I fear I have no real
    alternatives but to submit a form in the way I described.

    Newcomsas

    Newcomsas, Jul 14, 2006