Form submit from an HTML email

newcomsas

Hallo.

I'm working on an email message sent in HTML format. As the email reach
the adressee the HTML is correctly visualizaed (I made sever tests with
Outlook 2003).

The fact is that the code contains a <form> that should be submitted to
an external ASP page. The <form> tag naturally cointains a
target=_blank and a proper action.

Anyway it semms to be impossible to make the form work. The submit does
not work; it is evidently an Outlook permission matter...

I verified that sever other things such as <iframes and Javascript code
do not work at all when an HTML is visualized in Outlook.

Is there a way, in your knowledge to go round the problem ?

I thank you in advance for any help

Newcomsas

Mike Brind

Hallo.

I'm working on an email message sent in HTML format. As the email reach
the adressee the HTML is correctly visualizaed (I made sever tests with
Outlook 2003).

The fact is that the code contains a <form> that should be submitted to
an external ASP page. The <form> tag naturally cointains a
target=_blank and a proper action.

Anyway it semms to be impossible to make the form work. The submit does
not work; it is evidently an Outlook permission matter...

I verified that sever other things such as <iframes and Javascript code
do not work at all when an HTML is visualized in Outlook.

Is there a way, in your knowledge to go round the problem ?

I thank you in advance for any help

Do you have Firefox set as your default browser?

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Why are you e-mailing a form? E-mail is for e-mail. Web browsers are for
Web forms. Why not e-mail a link to a page with your form? There are
countless reasons that you should at least consider this.

Ray at work

Newcomsas

Ray Costanzo [MVP]:
Why are you e-mailing a form? E-mail is for e-mail. Web browsers are for
Web forms. Why not e-mail a link to a page with your form? There are
countless reasons that you should at least consider this.

The email HTML code should send (via POST) a long XML string to an ASP
page. On the ASP page this XML is passed to a flash movie via
Javascript. There is no way to simply send this string via querystring,
the text long exceeds 256 characters. So I fear I have no real
alternatives but to submit a form in the way I described.

Newcomsas