Form tags stripped out in FF with innerHTML

geed_dd

Hi

I have a piece of code which replaces the contents of a div using
innerHTML

e.g. this.targetDiv.innerHTML = '<form name="test" id="test1"> in form
</form>';

This works fine in IE but FF(1.5.04) strips out the <form> and </form>
tags.

I know there are some differences in how these browsers handle
innerHTML but I can't seem to find anything on this specific problem.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks.

Martin Honnen

geed_dd said:
I have a piece of code which replaces the contents of a div using
innerHTML

e.g. this.targetDiv.innerHTML = '<form name="test" id="test1"> in form
</form>';

This works fine in IE but FF(1.5.04) strips out the <form> and </form>
tags.

Is there already a form element as an ancestor of the target div?
What does DOM inspector show?

geed_dd

Thanks for the quick reply and advice.

There is a misplaced form element ancestor. I should have spotted this
as I've come up across this before.