    <input style="background-colour: #FFFFFF" name="name" type="text" id="name"
    value="Please enter your email">

    but they stay yellow
    Derek Johnson, Sep 21, 2003

  2. Derek Johnson

    Kae Verens Guest

    Derek Johnson wrote:
    > I am using dreamweaver to build a form and the problem I am having is when I
    > F12 the text fields are yellow.

    what is F12?

    > I have tried
    >
    > <!--
    > #name
    > {
    > background-color:#FFFFFF;
    > }
    > -->
    >
    > and
    >
    > <input style="background-colour: #FFFFFF" name="name" type="text" id="name"
    > value="Please enter your email">
    >
    > but they stay yellow

    try simply "background:#fff". The code is not incorrect, but it could be
    that your browser does not recognise it. What browser is it?

    Kae
    Kae Verens, Sep 21, 2003

  3. Derek Johnson

    picayunish Guest

    Kae Verens wrote in news:cSjbb.32591$:
    > Derek Johnson wrote:
    >> I am using dreamweaver to build a form and the problem I am having is
    >> when I F12 the text fields are yellow.

    > what is F12?

    Preview in browser.
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart (Geen familie van....)
    http://www.semi-conductors.nl/ PHP Redirect to semi-conductor.nl
    picayunish, Sep 21, 2003
  4. F12 is just the shortcut for preview in browser.

    I tried that in Mozilla, ie6 and Opera

    Derek Johnson, Sep 21, 2003
  5. Derek Johnson schrieb:

    > I am using dreamweaver to build a form and the problem I am having is when I
    > F12 the text fields are yellow.
    >
    > I have tried
    >
    > <!--
    > #name
    > {
    > background-color:#FFFFFF;
    > }
    > -->
    >
    > and
    >
    > <input style="background-colour: #FFFFFF" name="name" type="text" id="name"
    > value="Please enter your email">
    >
    > but they stay yellow

    There must be some other style rule overriding your rules. Give us the
    URL so we can check the complete code, not just the above code snippet.

    Matthias
    Matthias Gutfeldt, Sep 21, 2003
  6. Derek Johnson

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "Derek Johnson" <> wrote:

    >I am using dreamweaver to build a form and the problem I am having is when I
    >F12 the text fields are yellow.

    Do you have the Google searcg bar installed? Or anything else that
    remembers form data? Try changing the name of the form field to
    something less common.

    >I have tried
    >
    ><!--
    >#name
    >{
    >background-color:#FFFFFF;
    >}
    >-->

    Presumably within a <style type="text/css">...</style> block?

    >and
    >
    ><input style="background-colour: #FFFFFF" name="name" type="text" id="name"

    Well, that won't work. CSS uses US spelling, so no 'u' in color.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>
    Steve Pugh, Sep 21, 2003
  7. Derek Johnson

    Kae Verens Guest

    Derek Johnson wrote:
    >>><input style="background-colour: #FFFFFF" name="name" type="text"

    silly me. you "misspelled" 'color' - the CSS specifications were created
    with Merkins in mind.

    Kae
    Kae Verens, Sep 22, 2003