form text field background colour

Derek Johnson

I am using dreamweaver to build a form and the problem I am having is when I
F12 the text fields are yellow.

I have tried

<!--
#name
{
background-color:#FFFFFF;
}
-->

and

<input style="background-colour: #FFFFFF" name="name" type="text" id="name"
value="Please enter your email">

but they stay yellow

Kae Verens

Derek said:
I am using dreamweaver to build a form and the problem I am having is when I
F12 the text fields are yellow.

what is F12?
I have tried

<!--
#name
{
background-color:#FFFFFF;
}
-->

and

<input style="background-colour: #FFFFFF" name="name" type="text" id="name"
value="Please enter your email">

but they stay yellow

try simply "background:#fff". The code is not incorrect, but it could be
that your browser does not recognise it. What browser is it?

Kae

Derek Johnson

F12 is just the shortcut for preview in browser.

I tried that in Mozilla, ie6 and Opera

Matthias Gutfeldt

Derek said:
I am using dreamweaver to build a form and the problem I am having is when I
F12 the text fields are yellow.

I have tried

<!--
#name
{
background-color:#FFFFFF;
}
-->

and

<input style="background-colour: #FFFFFF" name="name" type="text" id="name"
value="Please enter your email">

but they stay yellow

There must be some other style rule overriding your rules. Give us the
URL so we can check the complete code, not just the above code snippet.

Matthias

Steve Pugh

Derek Johnson said:
I am using dreamweaver to build a form and the problem I am having is when I
F12 the text fields are yellow.

Do you have the Google searcg bar installed? Or anything else that
remembers form data? Try changing the name of the form field to
something less common.
I have tried

<!--
#name
{
background-color:#FFFFFF;
}
-->

Presumably within a said:
and

<input style="background-colour: #FFFFFF" name="name" type="text" id="name"

Well, that won't work. CSS uses US spelling, so no 'u' in color.

Steve

Kae Verens

silly me. you "misspelled" 'color' - the CSS specifications were created
with Merkins in mind.

Kae